2nd Htpc opinions wanted?
I've had an A6-3500 build running for over a year as my main HTPC, it has been awesome and I owe a great thanks to the many members here who helped me along the way. I'm know looking for a 2nd HTPC for my sons bedroom, I want to keep a $150 budget and have been looking at either a pivos, g-box midnight, raspberry pi, or ATV1 with Broadcom HD card. My files are all mkv's mostly full BD rips 20-30gb's in size that will be streamed from my a6 setup. Anyone had experiences with these, as in owned both? Yes I have search but the response seem to vary wildly.
Maybe Foxconn SFF R30-A1 AMD E-350

I have limited experience with the Pi. IT works rather well if you dont need uncompressed DTS-HD audio (with your budget, I guess thats a given) and if you can live with the simpler XBMC skins. Ive ordered two Pi's now, one for myself, one for a neighbour, in both cases to replace a big power hungry x86 box. The Pi isnt perfect, I do wish it was a little bit faster, but the reason Im sticking to it rather than buying higher specced android based alternatives, is the fact there are one million Pi's in user hands right now and a fair amount of those are used for XBMC. That makes me rather sure the thing will be properly supported.

Using the same logic, the next best choice IMO would be the pivos. Since its XBMC's target development platform for Android, if there is one box that will get there eventually, its likely the Pivos. But what Ive seen so far from XBMC on android, Im still holding out. But I guess/hope in 6 months it will become my XBMC device of choice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd Htpc opinions wanted?0