Home Art, but no art after the click
Hi all. I am not too thrilled with the Frodo Confluence. I like its simplicity, but I really liked Confluence from Eden.

Basically I want the artwork back for each section. I took this thread, and figured out how to add the <icon> & <thumb> background for each choice. ex:
Code:
                    <item id="3">
                        <label>2</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Music_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>

I also had to add this near the top:
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Icon]</imagepath>
            <timeperimage>8000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        </control>

However I am finding out that when I click on Settings, or Programs, Video, etc the screen goes back to the blue SKINDEFAULT.jpg.

How can I allow for the home background image to carry over to the next screens?

Thanks
Look here @ post# 2 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150409
Thanks. Actually I think I figured it out already Smile

There is a file called IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml which has several sections of background code. The Frodo file has just three sections.

<include name="CommonBackground">
<include name="ContentPanelBackgrounds">
<include name="ContentPanelBackgroundsPVR">

So I took the missing sections from Eden's file and inserted them into Frodo's file. Then I went through every XML file and changed the area at the top (ex)

From MyWeather.xml

(line 6)
Code:
<include>CommonBackground</include>

(lines 6 & 7)
Code:
<include>CommonWeatherBackground</include>
<include>CommonMediaPlayingBackground</include>

I also found the spot in Home.xml where to change the highlighted text back to white, instead of blue.

I know it would have been easier to use ModdedConfluence or the attachment from the post indicated above, but those don't have the newest updates, or the changes for LiveTV and PVR.

Ok please post your modded skin When your done Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Art, but no art after the click0