XBMC relaunches
When I quit XBMC on my Mac mini (10.8.2), after a few minutes it relaunches. When it relaunches, the system pops up the first run "this program was downloaded from the Internet" dialog. If I cancel, it comes back in a few minutes (3? 5?) If I launch it and then quit, it comes back in a few minutes,

I suspect the /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/darwin/runtime/XBMCHelper -x process is relaunching XBMC, yes?

If so, how do I quit the app so that it does not relaunch? Did I turn something on in the prefs? (If so, I couldn't find any obvious candidate settings)

XBMCHelper will run outside of XBMC if the option to allow the Apple remote to launch XBMC is on (Settings -> System -> Input devices). It shouldn't be acting that way, though. Very weird. It's possible this option is on and some light source, such as a florescent light bulb, is emitting light that is being picked up by the IR receiver (as weird as it sounds, I've seen stuff like that happen).
Aha, thanks, that was it. What was happening was that XBMC did not show all the movies that were on the computer, so we snitched over to Plex, which did have all the movies. Of course, when we were using Plex, we were using the remote, which launched XMBC.

Oops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC relaunches0