WIP Para
Yup nice touch! Good stuff dude! Keep it up.
I would make the font a little bit bigger. If you look at this Screenshot of my skin, you should at least use the font size I used in that list view. It may seem no problem if you design it on your PC but I can assure you that it will be definitely too small even for bigger tv screen sizes. You might also think of adding some kind of overlay behind your OSD. Besides that it looks very clean and could be a skin which runs very well on low powered systems.
(2013-01-15, 18:42)`Black Wrote: I would make the font a little bit bigger. If you look at this Screenshot of my skin, you should at least use the font size I used in that list view. It may seem no problem if you design it on your PC but I can assure you that it will be definitely too small even for bigger tv screen sizes. You might also think of adding some kind of overlay behind your OSD. Besides that it looks very clean and could be a skin which runs very well on low powered systems.

Hmm.. I am designing (and using for that matter) this theme on my PC, which is why I'm working with smaller font sizes. I don't want to increase the font size, because then it'd be too big for use on a PC in my opinion. Any suggestions on how I handle this?
I was already planning on adding a back behind the OSD Smile

You have a very nice skin by the way, I probably wouldn't have started mine if I had found yours earlier!
Thanks. Smile

No problem if you don't want to increase the size. It's just if one would like to use it on a tv (most people use a tv I think), the size is too small in some places. But if you're designing this mainly for the use with a PC and maybe mouse control, forget what I said. Smile
also increasing the size of the watched icons might be an idea half blind buggers like me might find these a little hard to see

i am referring to them in this picture (the dexter poster)

Not to be rude or anything like that... Just concerned if dev is still going on?
Wow...
Like it!
Will it have support for live-tvHuh
(2013-01-26, 13:29)TjaLfE Wrote: Not to be rude or anything like that... Just concerned if dev is still going on?

My TV shows are currently on a break, so I have no incentive of working on it. But they're starting again tomorrow! Smile
Love the concrete background in the screenshots on the first page, absolutely spot-on, but the wood pattern in the other ones is really ugly in my opinion.

As for the "watched" icon, I don't know if it's possible (I'm not an XBMC skinner), but why not put up the unwatched series/movies in color on the concrete background, and convert them to black&white when watched?
(2013-02-01, 22:19)DFKT Wrote: Love the concrete background in the screenshots on the first page, absolutely spot-on, but the wood pattern in the other ones is really ugly in my opinion.

As for the "watched" icon, I don't know if it's possible (I'm not an XBMC skinner), but why not put up the unwatched series/movies in color on the concrete background, and convert them to black&white when watched?

I've included various backgrounds, just pick one you like Smile

I definitely want to do that, but I don't think it's possible using just XBMC skinning tools (no scripts etc.) I might try out some things like transparency for watched items though.
(2013-01-13, 22:38)Mesoptier Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 22:21)holydhaliwal Wrote: Looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure if this is just a personal preference of mine but I usually have my xbmc set up to have the default action upon selection to show the info dialogue as apposed to playing it right away, so perhaps you might consider adding a 'Play' Option and even a 'Trailer' option in your info screen. Love the look though and was pleasently surprised by how well the wood background fit in as well.

Also another idea here, as much as I love poster views and large fanart views I tend to find them too much of a hassle when browsing large library's. For example I have 52 TV shows and ~300 movies on my setup and find browsing through that many titles takes way too long when using the typical artwork heavy view types (I do usually keep the poster views for browsing tv shows at the season level though as I find it suits it perfectly.) However one example of a skin and view type that incorporates artwork with ease of browsing the best imo is Black's xperience1080 list view, here's an example:

Now I'm obviously not saying go outright and copy it haha I'm just saying that I would love to see more skins include clever viewtypes like this. Even with the wealth of information provided by this viewtype you are still treated with large and beautiful artwork. Anyways just my 2 cents, I do love what you've come up with so far though! Good luck.

I realised that earlier today, I already added the Play/Browse option back in. The trailer option always was there, but I hid it for TV Shows, I don't think they have trailers?
I've only added 2 view types so far, but I already have some others planned. I'll look into some medium size views. Smile

By the way, I think I forgot to add this screenshot earlier, it's the videoplayer screen.

Nice skin!

Bigger fonts would be nice though on the videoplayer screen.

edit - Just read your answer about designing it for PC. No problem, I guess I'll modify your skin for my TV once it's released Smile
the skin looks good i will add it to my skinx skin db on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skin-x/438985486133562
This looks like an awesome skin. I love the simplicity of it. I can't wait to try it.
My idea is this: work with Popeye.

TV:
"Top 100, Favorites, Channels, Search"

Movies:
"Top 100, Favorites, Queue, Search"
Is this skin still being developed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Para8