Req Start/stop recording current LiveTV session with full feedback
I have configured a button on my remote control which executes PlayerControl(Record) during FullSeceenLiveTV.

If i press this button during FullSeceenLiveTV, recording will be started an a message appears in the right corner of the screen. That's perfect.

But, if i press this button again, recording will be stopped and timer will be deleted without any feedback, so i do not know if recording is still active or not.

Is is possible to add a message if recording is stopped? This would make this function much more userfriendly

Oh, i forget, using Frodo RC3 and mythTV 0.26
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Hello Nachteule,

I am wondering how did you manage it. :-) In the Frodo 12 RC3 it is not possible to have this kind Instant recording
with start/stopping via remote unless the developer implement this feature. I know it because I had the same
problem with this issue.

There is missing one entry for this action in the code ButtonHandler.cpp which is calling the correct Recording action
from the submenu for the pvr.

You can test it if you call the submenu for PVR in the FullScreen TV and press there the record button, there should does
it work to start a recording and even to stop it with the behaviour like you wanted.

Which kind of OS do you use ? Windows or Linux ? because soon I want to fork the latest official version for fixing some
minor misssing button for the remote handling until they fix it in the official version.

My actual version in the git hub is much too old (modified V11 from Margo)

Kind regards
DAMGO

Hi DAMGO,

i just made some modifications in my remote.xml to do this

It looks like this:
Code:
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>  
      <back>SmallStepBack</back>
      <menu>OSD</menu>
      <select>OSD</select>
      <start>PlayDVD</start>
      <title>CodecInfo</title>
      <info>Info</info>
      <pageplus>SkipNext</pageplus>
      <pageminus>SkipPrevious</pageminus>
      <teletext>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</teletext>
      <guide>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdguide)</guide>
      <record>PlayerControl(Record)</record>
      <star>PreviousChannelGroup</star>
      <hash>NextChannelGroup</hash>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>

This works perfect for me, only i get no feedback message after i stopped recoding.

Oh, i'm using Linux (openSUSE 12.1)

Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
Hello Nachteule,

yepp I know this way, I tried such "bypass" stuff also before and failed, the action Playercontrol(record)
does not lead to the same fuction like the button from the submenue. It just trigger the recording
but there no more logic for the running record because its a direct command "record" for the playersoftware.

You see this the other commands like OSD or Info in the config are actions which are
triggered also from the menuebuttons. But there is actually no command like Record.
And on this point i did a micro modification in the code :-) for the full factory satisfaction.

Good, I will let you know in the next days when the modified and compiled version is ready,
because I have to update first the sourcecode in GIT/Damgo for xbmc final 12and redoing
the modifications from my older Version 11. And also setup the compiler for linux, because
I used before the modified version for windows.

Also I want also to implement the handling for the play button at the remote
if a folder is choosed there is also no support for the remote. Only the submenue
allows to start a movie by just selecting the folder.

Kind regards
DAMGO
Hello Nachteule,

short update:
i need some time to setup the linux developement (compiler) for compiling it.
So far i forked the latest XBMC again and reimplement the micro update
for the start/stop of a recording via remote in fullscreen mode.

So far if you are impatient and dare it to compile it yourself then take
the normal FRODO repositiory and replace from github/DAMGO the files:

xbmc / xbmc / input / ButtonTranslator.cpp
and
xbmc / xbmc / video / windows / GUIWindowFullScreen.cpp

Install the normal FRODO version and replace only the new compiled xbmc file,
and setup the remote configuration. The Action record comes from standard MCE
remote command record. So please redirect in your remote config to the new action record.

Then the requested feature should work like requested. (I cross my finger until i
can compile it under linux, under windows it workes and was tested by me with a standard Hama MCE remote)

This Item (if am not wrong, the itnernal record command in new Buttonhandler.cpp is "record")
<record>Screenshot</record> or
<record>PlayerControl(Record)</record>

this modify it then to
<record>Record</record>
or
<record>record</record>

Kind regards
DAMGO

Hi DAMGO,

thanks for your help. Yes, i can apply your patches to my Frodo source.

After i done this, i will report the result here. I seems having the same remote control, only difference is no "Hama" logo on the RC
I applied your patches and unfortunately it does not make any difference.

I think you misunderstood me a little bit. The action i want to have is executed correctly, first push of Record button will start recording and a message box appears in the lower right corner telling me that recording is started, second push of Record button will stop current recoding, but NO message box appears so i do not know if recoding is still active or not.

The only difference is i can configure this with command "Record" instead of "PlayerControl(Record)"
Hello Nachteule,

thank you for your effort. i will check what is missing.
I got what you wanted. It jsut the circumstance that is working under my windows compiled version.
I guess i forgot something in my repository. Actually I am struggling still to compile it under linux mint
actually, for checking what is missing.

Kind regards
DAMGO
Hello Nachteule,

I managed finally to compile the XBMC on linux mint and approved the issue successfully.

So with the modified version of frodo (the both files which i mentioned before)
you should get this (I think this was what was already working)
>>http://imageshack.us/a/img685/39/recordingstarted.jpg

and at pressing second time record on the remote then you should get this
>>http://imageshack.us/a/img689/4738/recordingfinished.jpg
and the instant recording stops

Kind Regards
DAMGO
Yes, exactly. That's what i want to have. But i never get the second message.

Hmm, which version of VNSI addon and server plugin do you use? I'm currently using the developer version from FernetMenta (there appears an error message from VNSI addon by pressing record button second time) and mythTV plugin from from fetzerch developer site (with mythTV there comes no message)

Maybe i should try the official released versions, but there is no timeshift Sad

Hello Nacheule,

my actual configuration für XBMC Linux.
- Linux mint 14 (OpenSuse latest Version I tried it and personally they troubled me too much,
I just needed a lean mean easy setup with less additional stuff)
- XBMC Frodo version, Branch Frodo official release with the modification for fullscreen record key,
so that really the instant record are triggered and not the player (record), thats just a logical issue
- VDR 1.7.27 with vdr-plugin-vnsiserver (I choosed it because of the switching speed), but there ist
no timeshift possible.

For your purposes, you can have also timeshift with VDR and XVDR Plugin (nextPvr Plugin not the
normal pvrPlugin).

From my humble opinion, the missing message which you not got with the modifications from
my repository is not related to the plugins they are 3rd layer (simply spoken) The messages are
triggered already in the 2nd layer indpended from the plugin. And so you should normally get them in
the fullscreenmode (there where the modification from me are done).
(1st layer "virtual player" overloaded by the pvr player, 2nd layer, then the subroutines for the single
action access are overloaded by the plugins, 3rd layer)

Kind regards
DAMGO

Same to me on my XBMCbuntu-machine with TVheadend 3.2.34.
When I press Record the message recording started appears but when I press the button again, the racords stops but no message appears.
(2013-02-09, 19:09)DAMGO Wrote: - Linux mint 14 (OpenSuse latest Version I tried it and personally they troubled me too much,
I just needed a lean mean easy setup with less additional stuff)
I can understand you. Ubuntu/Mint ... is better suported by vdr, xbmc, mythTV, ..., openSUSE user have much more work to get it work Sad

Quote:- XBMC Frodo version, Branch Frodo official release with the modification for fullscreen record key,
so that really the instant record are triggered and not the player (record), thats just a logical issue
- VDR 1.7.27 with vdr-plugin-vnsiserver (I choosed it because of the switching speed), but there ist
no timeshift possible.
I have a similar configuration, only difference is dev-addons. Yes, i agree with you, channel switching is fast using vdr and is ridiculous slow using mythTV (vdr: under 2s, mythTV above 7s), however timeshift is better integrated in mythTV

Quote:For your purposes, you can have also timeshift with VDR and XVDR Plugin (nextPvr Plugin not the
normal pvrPlugin).
Yes i know, i already used this plugin a few month ago. But i don't want to use this, because it will not be the official addon for vdr

Quote:From my humble opinion, the missing message which you not got with the modifications from
my repository is not related to the plugins they are 3rd layer (simply spoken) The messages are
Full ACK, but where is the message. Recording stops as expected but no message Sad

greets Nachteule
(2013-02-09, 19:47)hhbernd Wrote: Same to me on my XBMCbuntu-machine with TVheadend 3.2.34.
When I press Record the message recording started appears but when I press the button again, the racords stops but no message appears.
Hmm, maybe it's a addon issue
Hello Nachteule,

1.) Linux Distro: Might everybody use what he want, i justmentioned my experience and why i chose it :-)
Just for info: I went away from "original" Ubuntu for the issues which happens in the last distro.

2.) If you use the VDR + VNSI server add on with the fitting XBMC Plugin then you will get the message for sure.
WEll at the point where hhbernd told that he does not have the message too, there i can agree with you that is an
addon issue for sure. Its not related to XBMC itself. XBMC offers the Callback Class Member
CAddonCallbackPVR:TongueVRRecording (blablabla) where the message are included, this function is in the normal
FRODO version included. You can check it "somehow": switch on debugging log in XBMC, start recording and
stop recording then leave the XBMC and open the XBMC logfile.
There should be 2 entries to be found:
PVR - <name of client>- recording started or stopped on client <Name of client>.................

If not then the addon is not calling this Callback function or does not receive any
response message from the backend / or handling it properly.

For sure its possible to add a message on the toplayer, but it will be not correct because
its a workaround also does not really tells that the recording was stopped. We have here to
differ 1. deleting the recording from the frontend and deleting the recording from backend,
and both must be syncronized.

Long text short intention, please talk with the addon developer for Myth and TVheadon if they handle
the response message from the backend at stopping the recording at instant recording also calling the
callbackfunction from XBMC. Similar to this, you should normally get this stopped message if an
sheduled recording is finsihed. Because I assume that the same function will be calleld for informing
the user the sheduled recording is finsihed.

3.) Sad with the nextpvr....But ok the developer will have some reasons for his decision
However FernetMenta told in the repository that it is sheduled the timeshift integration also in the
API. So I am very interested how its then look like. :-)
Mythtv with 7s was to hard for me for the switching. :-D

independed from this all (get alittle offtopic):
Fact is that the recording button is not really handled properly in the different menues, just simply
missing. And so the player (record) method is not really correct, it just a workaround. For example:
Fullscreen there should it call the instant recording
In EPG Menue there shoudl it call the recording for a selected EPG item and not instant recording
because in background is running another TV program and you jump in the epg menue around and
want to record this actual selected item -> does not work actually
For such issues i would like to patch it a little :-)

Kind regards
Daniel

Hi DAMGO,

i can't believe it but today i get an end recording message, but unfortunately an error messages too. I opened a new thread for this issue.

Quote:However FernetMenta told in the repository that it is sheduled the timeshift integration also in the
API. So I am very interested how its then look like. :-)
Timeshifting is a great thing, i won't miss it.

Quote:Mythtv with 7s was to hard for me for the switching. :-D
Me too Sad

Quote:For such issues i would like to patch it a little :-)
Yes, hopefully not only for your own Wink

There are a lot of things which should be changed, but we may not forget, is is the first official xbmc version with pvr included. Good things will take time ....
for example:
- initiating powerdown should be disallowed during active recording of next recording coming soon if backend runs on the same machine
- idle timer should expire immediately after recording has finished if backend runs on the same machine
- your ideas ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start/stop recording current LiveTV session with full feedback0