music video help please..
Thank you for an awesome skin. When i go to music videos it takes me to a screen with ".." like suggesting to go up a directory. I then have to go through s few menus to get to the music videos. Is there a way to go straight to the music videos with one click from the music videos short cut? or can somebody help me with the correct command line to put in the function box of choose type? so that i can make a custom shortcut. you know like.... somethingwindow(blah, blah,blah) ive tried countless combinations like replacewindow(videos,files,music videos,music videos, tittle) and all sorts of variants to that with no joy...

also would love more than two sets of custom icon shortcuts for the main menu items,

thanks again for the skin!
This may be a bug.... i noticed that when you add movies or tv shows they show up under videos... but, when you add music videos they don't show up under videos. they show up under "videos,files" the problem being that the music videos short cut points to videos and not videos,files (i think)

any suggestions??
Any suggestions to have the main menu "music videos" short cut go straight to the "music videos" folder?
When you add the music videos, XBMC needs to scrape them and find the correct music video information. If it doesn't find any information, it treats them as files, not music videos.

The trick is to name your files correctly and XBMC will find the video information at put them in the Music Video tab on the video menu.

I wrote a post about naming conventions and how to get XBMC to recognize your files:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1379392
And you have to be very patient, I pretty much had to edit the nfo files on all my music videos by hand to get everything correct, though I scraped them with last.fm as at the time as that was the only choice.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Hi Guys
I am a newcomer to XBMC. From what I have seen it looks like it can be a great media player.

I have loaded all of my music video files stored on my NAS. I have been searching through all of the forums, but I cannot find how to set the music videos into genre, so that I can then set up smart playlists via genre. I can't work out how to add genres or makes a list of genre. I am using AEN NOX. Can someone help me or direct me to where o can get details instructions on how to?
Yes im also in the same boat, also i can not create smart playlists for the music videos as no videos show up in it no matter what i try.

I think its a bug in the skin
(2013-03-28, 07:55)MacKa16 Wrote: Hi Guys
I am a newcomer to XBMC. From what I have seen it looks like it can be a great media player.

I have loaded all of my music video files stored on my NAS. I have been searching through all of the forums, but I cannot find how to set the music videos into genre, so that I can then set up smart playlists via genre. I can't work out how to add genres or makes a list of genre. I am using AEN NOX. Can someone help me or direct me to where o can get details instructions on how to?

(2013-03-28, 12:58)KILLERNADS Wrote: Yes im also in the same boat, also i can not create smart playlists for the music videos as no videos show up in it no matter what i try.

I think its a bug in the skin

Have a look here. It lets you set a single genre when creating your .nfo files. If you want to add more, just open up the file and add more. If your music videos are prominent and not obscure, the music video scrapers available should pick up your existing files if named correctly. If not, then you need to use a tool like this or hand write your own .nfo files to your taste. Here's a good template to work from.

I use a bash script to create my .nfos from the filenames but it's crude and only does artist and title so far. I really wish a perl or bash scripting guru would put out something for music videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music video help please..0