Playing Music - Only front two speakers working
Hello,

I have a 5.1 sound system. My movies sound great through XBMC.

Just started linking XBMC to my ITunes backup library on my NAS.

It plays a selected songs but only the front two speakers are used in the 5.1 system.

Is that correct? Or can I get it to use both the front and back for music.

wdpcpa
If your input signal is stereo (2.0) then it's played back in stereo... you have an option to enable 5 channel output from a stereo source however this is not the "correct" way to play back a stereo-recording seen from an audiophile viewpoint Wink

So to answer your question... yes, it's correct and yes you can get it to play back from all speakers. (Audio options)

Not sure if this complies to Eden, but it works in Frodo.

Smile

System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2013-01-14, 15:45)torcar Wrote: If your input signal is stereo (2.0) then it's played back in stereo... you have an option to enable 5 channel output from a stereo source however this is not the "correct" way to play back a stereo-recording seen from an audiophile viewpoint Wink

So to answer your question... yes, it's correct and yes you can get it to play back from all speakers. (Audio options)

Not sure if this complies to Eden, but it works in Frodo.

Smile

Thanks. I was afraid that was the answer. I will look at audio options in Eden. Curious what a 5.1 simulated sound would sound like. If they send mono to the center, that would be fine.

wdpcpa
Usually stereo -> 5.1 is a function of the AVR.

The output to stereo to all speakers is not an option available to Eden, only Frodo.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I am going to have to thing about it. I run everything through the AVR but with a Harmony One. I just pass through the native signal. Maybe I can just walk up to the AVR and push a button. I guess I better study the manual.

Thanks,
wdpcpa
Eden and Frodo has the audio option to send stereo signal to all speakers (it's a stand alone option you will have to enable there). Enable that and you will enjoy sound from all speakers. Of course it's mandantory that your speaker setup in your OS is set to 5.1 and your XBMC speaker setup is also 5.1.
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
(2013-01-16, 05:20)wdpcpa Wrote: I am going to have to thing about it. I run everything through the AVR but with a Harmony One. I just pass through the native signal. Maybe I can just walk up to the AVR and push a button. I guess I better study the manual.

Thanks,
wdpcpa
What AVR do you have?

(2013-01-16, 12:35)goAMinD Wrote: Eden and Frodo has the audio option to send stereo signal to all speakers (it's a stand alone option you will have to enable there). Enable that and you will enjoy sound from all speakers. Of course it's mandantory that your speaker setup in your OS is set to 5.1 and your XBMC speaker setup is also 5.1.

Eden does not have the option to send stereo to all speakers. Frodo only.

If the OP is using WASAPI as the audio device, then it is also unnecessary to set the speaker setup in the OS to 5.1. XBMC will take exclusive control of the audio device when using WASAPI, so it doesn't matter what the OP selects in speaker setup in the OS - only matters within XBMC.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Music - Only front two speakers working0