Close XBMC When External Hard Drive Is Removed
I've been using XBMC for a few months now however I recently switched all of my media over to an external hard drive along with the XBMC program (I now run XBMC in portable mode). I love the convenience of this however whenever I remove the external hard drive from a computer it will crash the program since it has no where to run off of anymore. I've tried using Google but can't find a solution or program that will automatically close XBMC when the external hard drive is removed from the computer in order to prevent the application from crashing. If it could also run XBMC when the hard drive is reattached than it would be even better however, I imagine that would require a little more sophistication in order to find the XBMC file location.

If anyone could suggest a program, setting or alternative method than it would be great, Thanks!
This can be done using autohotkey scripting. The idea is to check for the drive letter of your external hdd periodically and exit xbmc when the drive letter is no more present. In a similar way you can start xbmc when hdd is plugged in. Feel free to ask if you don't know autohotkey scripting.
I'll take a look at it. I went to the autohotkey forums and it looks like I can find plenty of templates. Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Close XBMC When External Hard Drive Is Removed0