Linux Frodo: Myth PVR functionality
This is not a complaint...

I'm experimenting with xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth under Frodo against an existing MythTV backend. I very much like what Frodo does, but I find selecting recorded programs from the Myth backend isn't as straightforward as it might be. The native Myth interface has two columns to select from. The left hand column lists program names (and, optionally, categories such as "Movies"). The right hand column shows all programs that match the selected left hand column line (ie, all episodes of the selected program, or all movies, etc). This makes it easy - for me, at least - to find the program I want, or to browse for a movie to watch.

The xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth plugin seems to list all recorded programs in one list, and with no detail. If I select "all recordings" from that list, I get a similar list, but this time with program details and synopses, and the opportunity to order by date or alphabetically. It still isn't easy to browse the movies, or select a particular episode of QI to watch.

Is it possible, or is it planned, to be able to have the two column list (or something similar) that Myth offers?
I had that problem at first as well. Sort the main menu by title, and when you click on All Titles it sorts it by recorded date.
Thanks - but that doesn't address the problem I'm discussing. I would like the two-column functionality so that I can select a given program or category in one column, and see all the instances of that program or category in the other.
Yes, I knew what you meant. My explanation is about as close as you can get (right now) to having the same functionality as Myhtfrontend. Instead of columns you will have pages. The first recordings page can be grouped by name; so each show will have its own listing alphabetically. This would be column 1. Then if you click on *All Programs at the top, or a single program, you can sort that by date so the newest recordings are at the top/bottom (whatever your choice is). Which would be column 2.

Right now there is no other way to do it that i've found. There are no category listings.

I personally would rather recorded shows be merged with the "TV Shows" library, that way all TV is in one location.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo: Myth PVR functionality0