scraping tv shows
ok guys, im sorry to post about this. I have posted other threads about this. I am so frustrated. i cannot seem to scrape TV shows for anything. I either get cannot conect to remote server message. I have youtube and tv guide add ons enabled. Sometimes when I scan for shows, it will show what Im trying to scarpe while scanning, like with films scraping, it just wont download the info. I can get banner art, i cannot get show info for the shows. I am so frustrated with this. I have used the renamer to put correct show info to try to streamline, i have disabled firewall and antivirus, still no luck. I cannot scrape tv shows for anthing. please please please help me.
(2013-01-14, 07:53)toki5 Wrote: ok guys, im sorry to post about this. I have posted other threads about this. I am so frustrated. i cannot seem to scrape TV shows for anything.

Fair enough, but you never bothered to respond to my questions/request in your previous thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1283787

m sorry, I know didnt respond. I dont konw how to do error logs. Im sorry. Ive tried doing the debugging and it just ran for awhile, yet i dont even know what it did relly. Again, I know some reading this may be like wow, lol, I know. Im sorry. I just would really really really lik for the shows to scrap and get this thing roling. I have set up my game, done some add ons, set them up some, the movies scraped, getting a pretty good collection, I jsut cannot get tv shows to scrape, or scrape correctly.
The link in my response in the other thread explains how to enable debug logging and upload the file to a public paste site. Debugging is like a journal or diary -- it simply records XBMC events so that it can be analyzed later to see what may have caused the error. You would enable debug logging and then scan your TV shows. When scanning completes, locate and upload your xbmc.log to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log so others can review it to see why the shows weren't added to your library. This was all explained in my response in your other thread.
ok, I pasted with my alias on here. Im shaking my head right now out of fear.
also, how or when could you tel me if i did it correctly?
I don't see any URL pasted in your reply. You can verify if you did it correctly by selecting "Preview post" and see if the link is displayed and, when you click on the link, it displays your uploaded log. If you look at your last reply (post #), you'll see there is no URL link.
I have the same problem, this is what i get in my log

"08:22:15 T:5788 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'dav://stueConfused[email protected]:50005/Serie/' does not exist - skipping scan."

but if i choose one tv show and manually update the info it works fine?

this is in Frodo RC3
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28071
i hope this was correct.
I see from the log that you're using multiple file naming conventions:
Code:
TV Nation.01X05.TV Nation Day.m4v

TV Nation [1 x 4] Product Placement Night.m4v

I ran my own test and the first format scans correctly to my library; whereas the second did not.

After renaming the second item to:
Code:
TV Nation.01x04.Product Placement Night.m4v
the second show scanned correctly in the library. I did not use any nfo files for either of these episodes nor for the show itself.

Name your files using a valid format and it should resolve your problem.
ok, I just renamed all episodes like the one you said that scanned correctly into your library. Getting the cannot connect to remote server message.
Try again later... it seems TVDB has been having some issues lately.
scanned again, did not get the message, yet still not getting any info including banner art
ok, well........ I have tried something called freetvdb. Is there anyway I can save the info from this program and put it in to read in xbmc? it gives me the option to save in text, xml, and csv. If i save one of these how can i integrate it into xbmc to get it to read until i can get this issue resolved (hopefully). help?
eureka! Even though it didnt scan all of them. I had to select folder that says tv shows with all tv shows folder and it finally scanned a few of the shows. I hope I continue this streak of luck on this. thank you for the help out. if there is anyting that looks like it could be tweaked in my pasted debugging log, please let me know because i would like to get the best performance out of this thing. again, thanks for he help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraping tv shows0