OS X Local network share on Mac (OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion)
I have recently decided to centralise my XBMC library.
I have created the MySQL database on my iMac and created my advancedsettings.xml without any problems.
My problem is that a lot of the media that I am sharing on my home network is on a local hard drive on my iMac.
I have shared that drive out to my network and my other computers (Win7 laptop, Raspbmc and Android Nexus 7) can all read from it without any trouble, however it seems that if I try and read from the shared drive whilst on the iMac itself, it doesn't like it.
XBMC times out if, rather than looking at the local filesystem, I try to access the local drive through the network share.

To be specific, I have a drive shared on my iMac called Iomega1TB so all of my other devices can read smb://192.168.0.12/Iomega1TB but if I try to connect to that share from the Mac itself, I get an error message telling me:

There was a problem connecting to the server "192.168.0.12".
This file server is available on your computer. Access the volumes and files locally.

Presumably that's the same point where XBMC gets stuck and times out.
Can anyone help me get around this? There's little point me centralising the library if I can't actually read from it on the iMac.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

System details: -
27" iMac (Mid 2010)
OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
8GB 1333MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB
XBMC 12.0 RC3
(2013-01-14, 17:18)SiO2y Wrote: I have recently decided to centralise my XBMC library.
I have created the MySQL database on my iMac and created my advancedsettings.xml without any problems.
My problem is that a lot of the media that I am sharing on my home network is on a local hard drive on my iMac.
I have shared that drive out to my network and my other computers (Win7 laptop, Raspbmc and Android Nexus 7) can all read from it without any trouble, however it seems that if I try and read from the shared drive whilst on the iMac itself, it doesn't like it.
XBMC times out if, rather than looking at the local filesystem, I try to access the local drive through the network share.

To be specific, I have a drive shared on my iMac called Iomega1TB so all of my other devices can read smb://192.168.0.12/Iomega1TB but if I try to connect to that share from the Mac itself, I get an error message telling me:

There was a problem connecting to the server "192.168.0.12".
This file server is available on your computer. Access the volumes and files locally.

Presumably that's the same point where XBMC gets stuck and times out.
Can anyone help me get around this? There's little point me centralising the library if I can't actually read from it on the iMac.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

System details: -
27" iMac (Mid 2010)
OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
8GB 1333MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB
XBMC 12.0 RC3

If you are using Samba native to OS X 10.8 then that is the problem as OS X uses a version which is incompatible with XBMC. You will need to use something like SMBUp on the iMac.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local network share on Mac (OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion)0