WIP HDMI? RX-V1067? Extender? Need help please :)
Brick 
Hi all Smile

This is my first post.

I've been toying with XBMC for a few months now.

I have this PC:

Core i7 2.8 @ 3.05gHz
8GB DDR3
Approx 6 TB hdd space
Windows 7 64 bit
Nvidia GTX480 graphics card with latest drivers as of 2 days ago

I have these A/V goodies:

Yamaha RX-V1067 receiver with Boston speakers
Samsung 46" in main room and Samsung 40" in bedroom

I originally connected the PC straight to the TV in the main room. I connected it to the upstairs TV too via the RX-V1067, but not over a splitter, instead I used the second HDMI output on the processor and ran it up to the bedroom over an HDMI extender. Everything worked almost 100% EXCEPT I could not watch the same stuff on both TVs. If I attempted to do so then the sound disappears and the movies become very jerky. It literally plays smoothly for ONE second and then this happens. So I set it how it liked it: just watched XBMC on one screen or the other at a time and used my iPhone as a remote. If I watched upstairs then I would take care to switch off all the volume on the receiver and the sound would come through normally on the upstairs TV speakers.

BUT the computer is too noisy. So I moved it back to my computer room, fitted an HDMI extender to take the signal from the PC back to the receiver which I assumed would be able to distribute the HDMI signal from there. Well now nothing works. It's just jerky and crap. Unless of course I put something SD on... even some 720p works. But if I choose a 1080p movie then I have no luck. The audio settings are WASAPI and both point to the receiver. I have attempted DVXA and Software rendering.

Pc --> HDMI extender --> Yahama RX-V1067 (into AV3) --> HDMI output 1 --> 46" @ TV room
--> HDMI output 2 --> HDMI extender --> 40" @ Bedroom

I hope that I have explained everything in the right way. I would hate to have to leave the computer next to the TV... plus i really love XBMC! But it is proving quite difficult to set up.

I am at a loss for ideas. I have inspected the forums and have decided it is now time to ask for help.

Regards

TV-starved South African

EDIT:

I just changed the speaker set up to 2.0 and it seems to work. This especially is fine up in the bedroom because there is no receiver there. But this sucks in a way because now every time I watch a movie downstairs on the big TV and the big system it will obviously be analog and in 2.0, but it is still coming over HDMI at least. What now?
If you have multiple HDMI inputs and are looking to switch them between multiple HDMI TVs or displays what you need is a HDMI Matrix. In addition to that you can use HDMI Extenders for outputs that are far away from the source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI? RX-V1067? Extender? Need help please :) 1