Problems with Harmony 650 Remote/Philips IR Receiver
Long time lurker, first time poster Smile

So, I've been fighting with this for hours trying to get my setup to work. I have an htpc that I built running windows 7 64bit, 8 gigs of ram, running Xbmc 12 as well as using a philips IR receiver - OVU41200. I have been using a lenovo multimedia remote as my interface with xbmc but it is a bit cumbersome and I'd like to get everything working on my Harmony 650. I've been searching and reading for hours trying to narrow down a solution my exact problem, but I still can't figure it out. It appears that the computer does not see any command from my remote. I have tried many different configurations in the harmony software, but I currently have the remote set up exactly in this regard -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466

For what it's worth in device manager under human interface devices, there are no IR receivers listed. When I purchased the receiver it came with no drivers stating it didn't need any, which I found weird. I've plugged this in to my laptop and device manager doesn't seem to notice anything new connected to the system. Am I not understanding how this receiver works, or do I just have a bum receiver?

Thanks for any input.
Anyone?
Nothing, eh?
The 650 has an IR receiver on its' arse that lets' you directly input IR commands from an original remote to the 650, and assign that command to buttons, and configure your keybaord.xml and/or remote.xml in your User\ folder to assign those buttons to XBMC functions.s

A search for your OVU41200 only turns up this thread. I'm sur eit'll work out for ya, but you may want to consider a different IR receiver. I sue the one that came with the cheapo "VRC-1100"
remote,, or you can buy (if in NA) a nice IR receiver from Rosewill. Just send them en email requesting to buy the IR dongle for their RRC-126 remote, whcih costs a paltry 7 bucks, plus cheap shipping.
I have a phillips ir and it never worked for me either. I also have a harmony 650 on one of my boxes and I just ended up buying the hp mce receiver from ebay. I bought two of them for about $10 each brand new. Both of them work perfectly out of the box with my 650 and my harmony one. Your best bet is to just pick up one of the mce receivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Harmony 650 Remote/Philips IR Receiver0