Library- Titles not being found
Hi,

I recently transfered the innards of my main PC to another room connected to another switch on the network and now the library is saying that the titles no longer exist.

The artwork is there and the files are on \\server\videos

But the libary cannot see them

Do I have to do a libary rebuild and re-enter the SMB path?

Or is there a work around?

I can't face scanning the 12 TB again from the server

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks

easy
Should work as long as your main PC still can resolve \\server while being in the other room.

Have you tested your network connectivity?

Smthg. like 'ping server' should give you answers stating the round trip time for each packet - if 'server' can't be resolved, then you have at least a DNS problem.
Learn your server's IP address and try to ping that - if you get answers, the DNS problem remains, if not, there's a glitch inside your network somewhere...

(...in which case you could use a workaround for if you are not using MySQL for your libraries: edit your \appdata\XBMC\userdata\sources.xml and replace '//server/' with //ip.of.your.server/' and you should be fine)
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
I just surfed the net for a bit and connected fine.

Didn't check \\server\videos from within windows last night after moving it

Will check again tonight when I get in.

I have given the server a manual IP address I will check this also and make sure nothings happened.

Will report back

Thanks mate
All sorted now.Your solution worked many thanks

easy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library- Titles not being found0