Newbie: No network to my QNAP is working
Question 
Hi,

after 5 hours of trying I'm now short to give up. I'm very frustrating as NOTHING is working Sad

I want to access my QNAP NAS from Raspbmc. I tried SMB, NFS, FTP and AFP.
At some point I got SMB running and then decided by buy a better SD card as my HD video was slow.
After installing a fresh Raspbmc again nothing is working.

What can I do to investigate? I'm a 15 years IT professional (CTO), so my network is perfect and all services on my QNAP are working. I know that, so please no hints in that direction.
I also of course tested the NFS for QNAP wiki. Nothing changed.

I prefer to get NFS running but why the hack is SMB not workingHuh

Any help is desperatly appreciated as I'm shortly before the point to throw the rasperry away Confused
I also tested WebDAV.

It is always telling me something about "network maybe not connected"
BUT IT IS. Apple Airplay ist working and im controlling it via iOS app from my iPhone

Is this a bug from RapsbmcHuh
I got SMB working by setting a read-only access for guest on my QNAP. Now XBMC is not asking for user/pwd and it works.
So it must be something with the username/password - at leat for SMB. But testing my user on other pcs and macs works!
Any ideas why my NFS share of my QNAP is empty?
If you need further information please please tell me... remember, I'm a newbie and I'm looking desperatley for help.

On Qnap set your NFS shares as read/write (or no limit depending on Firmware) aka full permissions and should work ok in XBMC.

see wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie: No network to my QNAP is working0