Win Xbmc and Windows hang when entering music page!
Hi,
I have installed the Frodo rc2 and having a problem! Xbmc and Windows hang when entering the music page, the screen gets black! Any ide on what might be wrong?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, reproduce your problem by accessing the music page, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), upload the contents of the entire file to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply so others can review it for clues as to why you're having this problem.
Hi,
Here is the log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28484
The steps I followed.
1. Started the log.
2. Started the movie section to check if it works. and then returned to main page.
3. Entered Music page and I get a black screen and xbmc freezes and I can’t even terminate the service. And i have to restart the computer.
  • Is that the complete log? It looks like it was just finishing scanning your movies when the log ended. Maybe it got truncated?
  • Are you using Music > Files view or Music > Library view to access your music?
  • Are your music files located locally on your PC or on another system/server?
  • If it's the latter, is your hosting system up and running and does your XBMC system have access to that share?
Hi,

Yes that was all. Should i try running a new one?
Before i upgraded to frodo it work to navigate to the music page and then to my NAS media service.
Now i can’t even browse for files, its gets black as soon as i go to the music page.
I have all the music on a share on my NAS, i have change the path on the NAS but i can’t get to the music page and change it. Can i do that in any other way?
(2013-01-17, 17:26)fdandersson Wrote: I have all the music on a share on my NAS, i have change the path on the NAS but i can’t get to the music page and change it. Can i do that in any other way?

You can remove your old music source and have it clean the library to remove all the old (invalid) library entries. Add a new music source pointing to your new NAS path for your music files and then scan this path to your music library.

Okey, how do i remove the source paths without entering the Music page?
In that case, clean the library first to remove all the entries that refer to the old (and now invalid) path: System/Settings > Music > Library > Clean library...

After that's done, see if you can select Music > Files. If you can, then you can select the old source and remove it via the context menu. You can then add the new source location and scan the item to the library.
okey, but i cant enter the music section even after i cleaned the library. I have also tried to uninstall xmbc and remove the profile but when i have reinstalled it its the same problem.
Are there any other registrey keys that is not removed in the unistall ore anything els i need to remove from the system manualy?
Try renaming your sources.xml to give it a different file extension (e.g., souces.xml.hide) so XBMC doesn't see it. It's located in your userdata (wiki) directory. Restart XBMC and see if you can access your Music menu option.

If that doesn't work, try renaming your guisettings.xml file as well (located in same directory). Restart XBMC.
Doesnt work :-(
I tried a new reinstall and deleted the xbmc roaming folder as well. But it still hangs when entering the music section.
Hi,

i've got exactly tha same problem. Klicking on "Music" hangs the system. I can neither kill the application in the task manager nor can I kill the process. Only a reboot helps.

Has any solution yet occurred?

I am using the latest relaese 12.0 issued end of february
Hi,
I did not solve the problem. I have change computer now and all works fine on the that one.
So i have not put any more effort in the other computer yet.
Thank's fot the quick response.

Unfortunately changing the computer is not an option in my case. ;-)

Can it be, that this may be caused by using an SSD?
Hi guys. Im new to this site and xbmc (kodi). I have just recently downloaded onto my mac and my windows 7 laptop & i am using gotham. My mac works fine in all aspects but on my windows machine i am having the same issue as above. I don't have any external drive, attached usb's or nas. Just a simple i5 laptop running windows 7. When i enter the music page xbmc crashes, i cant terminate via task manager only a system restart resolves. Video works fine. Im hoping to find a resolution because i installed xbmc a few years ago and had the same issue so uninstalled and never returned until now hoping it wouldn't be an issue anymore. I like the software and would like to use but this is discouraging.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc and Windows hang when entering music page!1