Linux Will not play live TV or Recordings
I have a Mythbuntu system I have been using for a few months now.
MythTV 0.25
Backend and frontend on the same machine.
Everything works fine with the MythTV frontend.

In XBMC live tv will display all the guide info with icons, show all the recorded shows with thumnails of the shows but will not play either live tv or recorded shows.

XBMC plays video via DVD and network storage fine.

Looks like a port problem but I checked all the setting I can find and matched them to the MythTV setting and they are all default port numbers. I have the correcet password entered. It can get all the guide info, recording list, icons and thumbnails so I know its connecting but just wont play.

I cant seem to figure out how to attach a log file but here are the error i get get:

Quote:18:07:25 T:140304597669632 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 72
18:07:25 T:140304597669632 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 72, got version 72
18:07:25 T:140304597669632 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 72
18:07:25 T:140304597669632 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 72, got version 72

&

18:08:07 T:140303360038656 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_connect_addr: connect failed on port 6543 to 'fe80::219:66ff:fe31:db3c' (22)
18:08:07 T:140303360038656 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: cmyth_connect(fe80::219:66ff:fe31:db3c, 6543, 65536) failed
Morning

I have encountered a similar problem. After waking from suspend, i could not access LiveTV nor my recordings. A restart of XBMC solved the issue. I assume of course you have tried that?

I am also using MythTV 0.25 and setting it up was a breeze and it connected right away. Its just after waking from suspend that it gets fucky. I need to get more details and file a bug

Cheers!
On your myth server, do:

netstat -tanp | grep myth

and make sure that port 6543 is listenning on IPv6, and not just on the IPv6 loopback.

Else try it with the ipv4 address of the server if possible.
I have the same symptoms on both my "main system" (Ubuntu + XBMC nightly build 3rd January) and my Raspbmc (nightly build from 13th January - PVR Client version 1.6.6). Myth TV 0.25 + latest fixes both client and backend running on the "main system"

After a lot of investigation, I have discovered the following...
1. I redirect my add_on path in advancedsettings.xml to an NFS path on my central server. When I try to play live TV or recordings, the XBMC.log shows that it can't write to the add_on cache. The path given starts with "//userdata" which I assume it is treating the substitution incorrectly
2. Looking at the add_on directory, the path goes as far as cache but is completely empty (ie no subdirectories). Just in case this was the error, I added the directories it was looking to write into manually and no joy
3. It appears that on startup, the cache directory gets cleared out anyway (including the directories I added)
4. I removed my NFS substitution to let it store the data locally and it appears to fix the write errors mentioned above. Now however, I get

08:58:40 T:3004549952 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_wait) - snd_pcm_writei returned -5 (Input/output error)
08:58:40 T:3004549952 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - underrun
08:58:40 T:3004549952 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - snd_pcm_prepare returned -5 (Input/output error)
08:58:40 T:3004549952 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(2)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -5 (Input/output error)
with the last line repeating until I kill XBMC.

I have no issues when playing media etc only when accessing Live TV and recorded TV via the addon.
Just thought I would let you know that I have mine partially up and running by....
1. removing the addon substitution
2. setting the IP addresses configured in both the MythTV front end and backend (2 on 1 screen) to be the host's IP Address. Previously the backend ones were set to blank.

The main system works fine now... the Raspbmc will play sound but no picture. I suspect this is because MythTV is recording and playing MPEG-2's and I need the codecs. Is it possible to get MythTV to record/ stream live TV in a different format?
(2013-01-16, 19:24)leenowell Wrote: Just thought I would let you know that I have mine partially up and running by....
1. removing the addon substitution
2. setting the IP addresses configured in both the MythTV front end and backend (2 on 1 screen) to be the host's IP Address. Previously the backend ones were set to blank.

The main system works fine now... the Raspbmc will play sound but no picture. I suspect this is because MythTV is recording and playing MPEG-2's and I need the codecs. Is it possible to get MythTV to record/ stream live TV in a different format?

You can buy the mpeg2 codec licence from Rasberry web site

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will not play live TV or Recordings0