Display music fanart in file list mode
The Confluence skin is great but I can't for the life of me figure out how to display fanart or backdrops when playing music via file list. Ideally, it would also display in fullscreen mode, behind a visualization. I'm running xbmc on an rpi with an enormous music collection, so library mode is too slow to be usable. This will need to work in file list mode. My music organization is like this:
/server/music/A/Artist Name/2007 - Album Name/01 - Trackname.mp3

I've tried placing "fanart.jpg" and "backdrop.jpg" in both the artist folder and the album folder, but they never appear while browsing or when a track is playing. I am able to display "folder.jpg" on both the artist and album level, however. Is there something in advanced settings I need to set? Or is this even possible in Confluence?
I too would like this (very much indeed), and know not how to achieve it.
I'd be interested in this too. I'm using Confluence and Frodo, and the scraper only found clipart / fanart for about 50% of my artists. I'm going to have to take control of things myself, but don't even know where the art files are stored (not in the music library, I know that much).

This'd be great to pursue, the DLNA server in XBMC for music works better than dedicated music servers like Asset, I've found, and I'd like to use it as a front end too, with consistent artwork.
In response to the OP:
  • Place artist thumbnail in Artist Name folder as cover.jpg
  • Place album thumbnail in Album Name folder as cover.jpg
  • Go into Library mode, select an artist, select Artist Information on the context menu, select "Get fanart" to assign either local or remote fanart to the artist
For music playback in files mode, when you navigate to the:
  • artist folder, you will see the artist's thumbnail displayed
  • album folder, you will see the album thumbnail displayed
  • tracks page, you will see the album thumbnail displayed and the artist fanart displayed (in the background)
Oh man i've been searching for months and fiddling with settings for ages to make this work.

I have mp3's of albums, which contain jpg's and also the files in the folder have mp3 tags with the thumbnail embedded.
So even if I delete all the jpgs (hidden or otherwise) and fetch a new thumb within xbmc, it won't show in file mode but it WILL show in library mode (I hate libraries in ANY app)

I have edited my advancedsettings to remove jpgs etc, and I have turned off mp3 tag reading, but yet XBMC will still display the files embedded picture instead of the downloaded picture.

The same kind of functionality works with videos in file mode, but I really don't want to remove the embedded images from every album I have because I have other things that use those images (steaming via http, itunes, etc)

The pain libraries cause me...
(2013-04-06, 00:29)steve.rand Wrote: Oh man i've been searching for months and fiddling with settings for ages to make this work.

I have mp3's of albums, which contain jpg's and also the files in the folder have mp3 tags with the thumbnail embedded.
So even if I delete all the jpgs (hidden or otherwise) and fetch a new thumb within xbmc, it won't show in file mode but it WILL show in library mode (I hate libraries in ANY app)

I have edited my advancedsettings to remove jpgs etc, and I have turned off mp3 tag reading, but yet XBMC will still display the files embedded picture instead of the downloaded picture.

The same kind of functionality works with videos in file mode, but I really don't want to remove the embedded images from every album I have because I have other things that use those images (steaming via http, itunes, etc)

The pain libraries cause me...

The same kind of functionality does not exist in file mode, if you're specifically referring to "fanart.jpg" - which is a large background image. There are thumbnails supported. But for some crazy reason, file mode in Confluence does not show fanart. It should, as this feature used to exist in Dharma and Eden. I wish it was restored.
Yeah cool.

In the end, i've deleted all the id3v2 tags that had the album art in them, and then XBMC looked at the Folder.jpg instead. It was a long way around, but there is still nothing better than XBMC, so I endured the pain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display music fanart in file list mode0