No files or add-ons in "Videos"
Smile 
Hi all! I'm new to XBMC so any help would be greatly appreciated. I just installed XBMC version 10 "Dharma" on my old PC...I tried installing version 11 Eden but my PC couldn't handle it, the program would keep crashing on startup. The program boots up nicely, and most of the features seem to work. I can stream music and I can see all the add-ons i've installed, but for some reason there is NOTHING in the Videos folder, all I see is 2 dots ".."
I installed the video repositories with fusion and yes, all my video add-ons are enabled.

Here are the details of my PC:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP +2500 1.84 Ghz
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce Ti 4200 128Mb

I've checked my firewall settings and XBMC has full permissions.
I've also checked the wiki for system requirements and I see that the NVIDIA GeForce 6-Series and newer is supported, and the GeForce 8-Series and newer is recommended.

So is the problem my graphics card? If I upgrade to a series 6, would it resolve the issue?
What about using the onboard graphics card...would the CPU be able to handle it?

Thanks!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

What happens if you click on the link with the dots? That should take you to the parent folder for Videos, where you should at least see options for "Add Videos" and "Video add-ons". The "Add Videos" option allows you to define source location(s) for your video files, such as your PC's local hard disk or a file server. If you've already installed some video add-ons, you should see them listed in the "Video add-ons" option.

BTW, "Dharma" is seriously out of date. If "Eden" doesn't work for you, try "Frodo RC3" and see if it fares any better.
Thanks for the reply! When I click on the two dots nothing happens. I was hoping to at least define a source location to find my videos on my hard drive but that doesn't work either. I haven't tried Frodo yet. I figured if version 11 doesn't work then version 12 shouldn't work either. I'll try Frodo and see if that helps. I'll keep you posted.

So according to my PC specs, you don't think it's an issue with my graphics card?

Thanks!
(2013-01-21, 02:36)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

What happens if you click on the link with the dots? That should take you to the parent folder for Videos, where you should at least see options for "Add Videos" and "Video add-ons". The "Add Videos" option allows you to define source location(s) for your video files, such as your PC's local hard disk or a file server. If you've already installed some video add-ons, you should see them listed in the "Video add-ons" option.

BTW, "Dharma" is seriously out of date. If "Eden" doesn't work for you, try "Frodo RC3" and see if it fares any better.

Well, I tried as you suggested and installed Frodo release 3, but just I figured, the program crashed on startup. At this point I'm suspecting my graphics card....any other opinions/suggestions?

For now I'll re-install version 10 since it's the only release which seems to be working for me (aside from no videos).
Tongue 
Success! I am now running Eden without any problems! The only thing missing is HD content due to my old video card, but everything else is working beautifully! I searched high and low in these forums and came across this thread.

Thanks to Vdrmidas for this great patch! Now XBMC can run smoothly without crashing and I can finally see all my videos and add-ons!

Life is sweet once again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No files or add-ons in "Videos"0