New to XBMC, some problems
Hi Smile

I recently purchased an Xtreamer ultra 2 which came with openelec eden ( some beta) preinstalled, i then almost immediately upgraded to the frodo openelec rc3 build for this device, which ran really bad with freezing of the system all the time. And then i downgraded to eden2.0.0 openelec, which seems to run fine.

Btw sorry i'm talking about openelec in this forum, because its own forum keeps failing, some problems with their mysql db or something. Bit i'd really like to get some help on this.

Problems i'm having:

1) i can't select or download another theme than confluence theme cause just about every theme is 'broken' in the repository.

2) i keep getting some widget script error in lower left corner of screen .

3) is it weird that when i'm scanning media and doing some other stuff like in settings or in addons that i,stilll get
Freezes.

4) Alot of addons are broken in repository, like youtube, is this normal??

5) is openelec the best choice for this device or would something else better?

I hope i can get some help here.

Thanks

Bram
Sounds like you have some major issues- probably easiest to back up your xbmc data directory and start again fresh. I'd say openelec is a good choice as they have builds for your machine and its real easy to setup.
(2013-01-17, 04:53)teeedubb Wrote: Sounds like you have some major issues- probably easiest to back up your xbmc data directory and start again fresh. I'd say openelec is a good choice as they have builds for your machine and its real easy to setup.

Ow ok, i'm sorry but i'm totally new to this but i dont mind starting again with a fresh start! How would i do this? I dont mind about losing any data because its just testing now!

Thanks for helping!
Have a read through this:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC

Great it all worked, everything works fine now, almost...i just have some issues left

When i try to shutdown or reboot it sometimes freezes and i have to reboot by button on htpc.

Also it freezes now and then on random moments, not alot but still...

Is it possible to update xbmx only and not openelec?

Thx

Bram

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC, some problems0