PAPlayer Audio Player works only partial
Hi, yesterday I just got the Raspberry Hardware and I installed raspbmc without greater problems. Big Grin

The only problem at the moment is to play audio streams (e.g. using an radio station add-on, or over my NAS). Sometimes it works very well with a klick on the file/stream, but most time it doesn't.
If I klick on the stream/file with a right click and click on "play with....." and select the OMXPlayer or DVDPlayer it works every time.
So it seems that there is a problem with the standard PAPlayer.

And this is very uncomfortable, if I want to start an audio stream with the android device (without enabling my TV), because then, the standard player is acitvated.

My question now: is it possible to change the standard audio player from the PAPlayer to the OMXPlayer`? Huh

It would be great if anybody could help me

Alex
Don't suppose you figured this out. I have the same issue.
I have a NAS drive and getting the player to play more than 2 songs in a row is impossible.

If I select an album to play (with default player) it will play one song then nothing.
If I tell it to use one of the other players (such as DVD player) then it must use that for the first song, then plays the 2nd song with the PAPlayer then nothing.
Very annoying.
(2013-01-17, 10:54)Filderalex Wrote: My question now: is it possible to change the standard audio player from the PAPlayer to the OMXPlayer`? Huh

The default audio player is OMXPlayer. That's the only player recommened and test for xbmc on the Pi.

I believe raspbmc has chosen to change this to PAPlayer. Check ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml for
<audio>
<defaultplayer>paplayer</defaultplayer>
<streamsilence>false</streamsilence>
</audio>
and remove it.
paplayer is mapped to omxplayer internally so it does not matter if you set it as paplayer or omxplayer, when it plays the omxplayer will take over.
Did you ever resolve this issue? I ran into the same problem with playing Pandora tracks. The first one plays but it won't automatically play the next one. My fix for the moment has been to change the default audio player to dvdplayer. That works, the script now plays one track after the next without any problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAPlayer Audio Player works only partial0