choppy play back no audio after sleep
choppy play back no audio after sleep I had this issue where even if I stopped the computer from going to,sleep, hibernate, etc. After some time i would return, usually after night but sometimes only a couple hours, the audio would stop working and the video playback would be choppy. The only way to fix would be to reboot the entire computer/htpc. I searched the forums without a direct answer to my question. A lot said to update the video card drivers, change the audio drivers, and tinker with certain options like advanced launcher. I wanted to post my solution so that anyone searching the forum could try another option.

I was leaving my receiver on and a simple turning off my receiver and turning back on solved this! I have a denon receiver and an old first gen core 2 duo with a basic NVIDIA card with an HDMI. Hope this helps someone!
Same setup - same error. Dennon amplifier conneted via HDMI. Atom CPU, Nvida ION gfx.

If i restart my PC - without the amplifier turned on - XBMC Frodo (RC3) says theres no audio device found.
The failure also appears from time to time, if the amplifier is turned off - and then turned on several hours later.
There was no problem with the prev. version (11).
(2013-01-18, 19:33)Beta Wrote: Same setup - same error. Dennon amplifier conneted via HDMI. Atom CPU, Nvida ION gfx.

If i restart my PC - without the amplifier turned on - XBMC Frodo (RC3) says theres no audio device found.
The failure also appears from time to time, if the amplifier is turned off - and then turned on several hours later.
There was no problem with the prev. version (11).

Very interesting. I went into my audio drivers and the dennon audio hdmi driver was greyed out like it wasnt connected in win 7. So I assumed it was a windows gpu issue but maybe not. Now suddenly im having problems with 4:3 playback. Im going to try 11 again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy play back no audio after sleep0