Simple video plugin
Hi all

I am looking to develop a simple addon to both stream audio/video from a local network source and send control commands back to it (protocols to be determined as yet, depending on compatibility with the streaming server and XBMC).

The problem is, I don't really know where to start.

I have been doing development in many languages on many platforms since I was a teenager, although I have never used python before. I have looked into it and think I will be able to pick it up as I go, but it makes reading complex code rather difficult at the moment.

Does anyone know of a simple video addon I could look at as a starting point?
I think the old Voinage tutorial is still a good starting point:
http://voinage-xbmc-plugins.googlecode.c...torial.rar
OK, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do what I want.

Quick run down of the project is streaming content from my Sky box round the house, live. I have a video capture device plugged up to the scart socket being transcoded into a H264 stream, and I have a remote control interface into it. I want, using XBMC, to pass RC commands to the sky box (e.g. play/pause/fast forward etc).

I can do this using a VERY hacky method of changing keymaps, just about, but this is certainly not ideal.

Is it possible to do what I am after using a plugin/addon etc, or by some other method? Any ideas?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple video plugin0