Recent builds causing harmony issue
Hi team.

It might not actually be harmony, but certainly XBMC helper is behaving oddly, sometimes there will be two instances running and sometimes none, but either way after XBMC has been left for a while the remote is no longer working for XBMC but the mini is receiving signals because the volumes controls work (For OSX) in other words XBMC helper has gone tits up.

http://pastebin.com/Ku6Sy4sx
So anyway, what I am finding is XBMC Helper has gone titty ups. Fails after about an hour of not being used, screen sharing and quitting XBMC (Which is still running fine otherwise) and looking in monitor shows that its not running. Even though its set to start XBMC.

Trying nightlies as they are coming in with the sam issue. Occasionally finding itunes has launched as well, my kids going mad because I am at work and they cannot watch danger mouse.
I have reverted to frodo beta 3, but the problem persists, is there any value in binning the folder and starting again?

Although not running has been mentioned, more often than not there are two instances of xbmchelper running, Don't know why as this is a virgin OSX on a clean drive and the only app outside of apples installed is xbmc.
Very odd. Wish I had something to tell you, but this is a bit above my head.
Well its super annoying, after around an hour of sitting idle two instances of XBMC helper appear and the remote is given back to OSX.

OK so i narrowed down the issue I think to the mac turning itself off the non again in the morning.

Whats happening I think is upon restart the mac lays unused for some hours, typically 4 or 5, because no key presses occur, I wonder if the xbmc helper sort of looses track.

well anyway turning of the power schedule the problem goes away.
No its back, this is utterly depressing, two versions of xbmchelper running with control returned to the mac so itunes loads.

I dumped the folder and reverted to frodo 3, so am lost for ideas now.
I had something similar with two instances of xbmc helper running and losing harmony control. Since i installed the candleair drivers it has been resolved.

Im on frodo rc3, with osx 10.8.2 with candleair and a harmony one to control xbmc. my Mac mini goes to sleep and wakes up i seldom use full shutdown.

I dont know if i provided anything you can work with.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Well we have never needed additional drivers before, but I have to do something. This is such a bare bones system there simply is nothing else installed on. Its 10.8.2 installed onto a wiped harddrive and XBMC, nothing else.

Thanks for the tip.
Apple keeps messing with IR behavior in each OS update, and I think that's a bit part of it. XBMCHelper, and other helpers like it for other programs, are all basically trying to work around that funky behavior. I'm not sure if it would be fair to call them hacks, but it certainly doesn't seem like Apple provided any kind of nice API for accessing the remote.
Yes, talk about weird behavior - I had read you can no longer wake a Mac with a remote. Indeed I can't - unless I first turn on the attached TV and receiver. That does not wake the Mac mini, but then hitting the Menu button on the Harmony 880 wakes it up (programmed with the Plex Player mapping in the Logitech software). Go figure!

Edit: Wait, sorry, cancel that. I now realize that's because I'm starting the TV and receiver by starting the XBMC activity on the remote, which enables it to send a signal to the Mac mini. Dohh . . . I think.

I occasionally have the problem with iTunes starting and/or various buttons changing OS X system volume. I can't figure the pattern, why it happens some times and not others.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
OK I have installed candelier and will see how it goes. I don't see how it will help in stopping two instances of XBMC helper (It even does it from start up of the mac)

but the price is right Smile
(2013-01-27, 18:29)Glorious1 Wrote: Yes, talk about weird behavior - I had read you can no longer wake a Mac with a remote. Indeed I can't - unless I first turn on the attached TV and receiver. That does not wake the Mac mini, but then hitting the Menu button on the Harmony 880 wakes it up (programmed with the Plex Player mapping in the Logitech software). Go figure!

Edit: Wait, sorry, cancel that. I now realize that's because I'm starting the TV and receiver by starting the XBMC activity on the remote, which enables it to send a signal to the Mac mini. Dohh . . . I think.

I occasionally have the problem with iTunes starting and/or various buttons changing OS X system volume. I can't figure the pattern, why it happens some times and not others.

Google for "darkwake mountain lion" and you'll find an answer. After enabling that kernel parameter it will wake up just fine. XBMC wiki is out of date in this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recent builds causing harmony issue0