Db editor tool (in windows?)
i'm not sure if this has already been covered, or if what i'm thinking about has already been done - if so, please point me in the right direction.

i am finding myself more and more interested in having a nice way to manually edit the database. i have used sqlite3explorer, and i understand that there may also be a few other "raw" db-admin-type tools.

but has anyone developed anything specifically to edit the xbmc database? i.e. with special dialogs for editing "movie info", etc., rather than having to do sql queries to retrieve and update data?

i am starting to think about putting together a windows gui for doing this sort of thing. are there already any windows tools for dealing with any aspects of xbmc? i am also starting to think about how this could potentially be extended to other areas - ftp-get and put of the db file, and then of the xml config file, and then of the xml settings file in udata, and then maybe specialized editors for all of those areas, with automatic ftp retrieval and sending when updates are made; and finally this would lead to a generalized configurator+installer for xbmc that could be run from windows.

but for starters, i would look at something for editing the db - specifically the movies portion.

and i would build it in c# - good news for those .net devs here who haven't had the opportunity to contribute because they don't know enough c++.

thoughts?
Cool
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Db editor tool (in windows?)0