Video (mms) item in an audio plugin?
I am making my first steps in XBMC add-in development and this is what I have in mind:

This would be an audio plugin (ie, for Music section). The add-on would give access to the live audio streams of my country's radio stations and also program archives for the stations that have them.

So far so good, I started from the plugin development tutorial http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_for_XBMC
The tutorial code contains basic subfolder and link adding, what would be just enough for my purposes.

However, I tripped on this problem: I'd like to add also live video streams for those radio stations that have them. So I tried adding one to the list:

addLink('Live video', 'mms://lr1wv.latvijasradio.lv/pplr1v', '')

Clicking on this link in XBMC interface gives me the audio, but fails to show the video. It seems like XBMC understands that this is a video content, because it doesn't jump to the audio visualisation screensaver as it does when the audio stream is loaded.

I wanted to know this has something to do with the installed codecs, or other XBMC configuration, or the way I add the link in the add-in code. Perhaps there's something bad with the stream itself? Can you give me some video stream url that is known for sure that it works?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video (mms) item in an audio plugin?0