MP3 crashes Frodo Rc3
Hello first time i have posted on the forum so thanks in advance for any replies. XBMC is great and i have been using it for the last twelve months with no problem but since upgrading to Frodo RC3 as i have read on other posts i am having problems with the audio. I have an Acer Revo running win 7 with optical cable connected to a sony amp and hdmi connected to a samsung tv. Everything plays fine accept when i try to play an mp3 music file or an adon like radio that streams mp3. XBMC just crashes and i have to restart. films play ok with an mp3 audio track but mp3 files on there own just cause a crash. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums. A Debug Log would help here.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Sorry I have just uploaded a debug log if you could have a look at it. Thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28994
If anyone's interested I managed to find the problem that was causing XBMC Frod RC3 to crash. It was the Milkdrop visualization when playing a music file I just disabled it and now music files play with no problem. Why it was causing a problem I'm not sure but if it helps that's what it was.
It looks like it cannot find the preset .zip file for Milkdrop - a reinstall may fix.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 crashes Frodo Rc30