Acer Revo AR3610-U9012
I am looking to buy a used PC on craigslist he is asking $125 for it. I plan on installing xbmc on it to stream media from my unraid server. How well does this Acer handle full 1080 blu ray rips with HD audio. I am also looking at the pivos and raspberry pi don't know which one would be more powerful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Do you mean a revo 3610? not sure what the ac is, google found no images of a "revo ac3610".

If you mean a 3610, that and all the other devices you listed don't support bitstreaming HD audio.

HD audio = Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio

Look for a used revo 3700 that does.

The revo 3610 will play 1080p fine
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Oops sorry it was a ar3610. I don't really need HD audio on that TV because I'm not hooking up to stereo. Noob question though, if my blu ray this are HD audio will the products listed play the audio through TV in stereo?
I might need to explain more since xbmc is gong to be new to me. The xbmc will be on a 720p plasma with no surround sound. I'm just looking for inexpensive device to watch my blu ray rips and TV shows. I do not need 1080p output just need to playback a 1080p file on 720p TV. Out of the 3 devices listed which would fit my needs better. I don't know if Acer 3610 is the best one for the price
They will all suit. I would avoid the pivos for now. You could use a pi which will be fine or the revo. The revo will be much faster and would allow for different skins etc. It also has a hard drive for you while the pi will require an SD card and/or usb stick

Comes down to your budget really
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
The 3610 is a nice little unit and $125 is a great price for it even though its a couple years old. I would take it over your other choices and have one myself. Mine came with Windows 7 installed which took quite awhile to boot (better part of 2 minutes iirc; a Pi starts quicker) so I quickly upgraded to Ubuntu. A small SSD would really help boot time and responsiveness if you want to stick with Windows 7. That aside it has a great form factor and has proven to be very reliable.

Note that the Revo also came with a VESA monitor bracket that you can use to mount it out of sight on the back of your TV. If you buy off Craigslist ask if it's included.
I was looking at one of these on craigslist as well. What did you mean about the HD Audio? Im looking for a small device that will play all 1080P fine. Im talking 30-40gb mkv bluray without a stutter. I also dont want any audio issues. I want it to play DTS no problem and handle skins like aeon nox. Is that even possible with the 3610? I could manage on a skin like reFocus if i had to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo AR3610-U90120