Linux Which Distro has the most up to date XBMC in their repos?
Through some various circumstances out of my control, my Arch Linux box died and I need to reinstall the OS.

I've read the forum posts about a minimal Ubuntu install, but I use the machine for more than just XBMC. Having a fully working distro is a must.

That being said, I've had some experiences in the past where the XBMC version I obtain from the distro repos lags significantly behind the latest. Anybody have any thoughts as to which distro typically has the most up to date XBMC in their repos? Yeah, I can always compile it manually, but I'd rather have it pre-packaged and easily updatable along with the rest of the OS. Figured I'd ask before I start rebuilding Arch or trying Fedora/*buntu again.
There are people running various ppa archives for ubuntu (and derivatives). You should therefore be able to keep up to date with any *buntu or derived system. 12.04 is a LTS release.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Install the Live CD, Install KDE. Tweak it to suit your needs. Piece of cake.

You get XBMC exactly the way the developers intend it. Very Smooth.
Arch has pretty up-to-date AUR RC3 packages. when in doubt grab git and compile.

Ubuntu derivatives are easier since its actually only Officially supported packages come out on.

uNi
ubuntu via our nightly ppa Smile
fedora or rpmfusion is up2date too
cu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Distro has the most up to date XBMC in their repos?0