What video settings are best...
Anyone who helps I really appreciate it, more than you know.. I have searched like crazy, on google, on these forums, everywhere. I cannot get my video settings to something I feel is a good all around playback for the life of me. And every time I feel like I got it, 3 days later and I am messing with them again.
I have a custom built computer AMD quad core processor with an Nvidia gt520 graphics card. My motherboard had built in graphics and I assumed that was the problem. That was only the problem with being able to turn dxva2 on or off. So I bought the gt520 hoping it would magically fix the problem. Nope. Its running from htpc to receiver to TV. I tried taking out the receiver and that didn't help.

The settings I am using right now, I feel are best. (render on auto or dxva--dxva2 on--adjust display refresh off--sync playback on-- a/v svnc video clock----and use fullscreen window is on) But I'm almost to the point where I will just watch from wmp classic and not use xbmc if I cannot fix the player settings. I searched to see if I need a certain codec pack, from what I understand none of them will help xbmc. I have tried Eden, Frodo RC1 2 and 3...

On my graphics card I have everything set to use player settings. Deleted all traces from my onboard graphics software. And I don't know what else to do.
For TV shows, which is what we mostly watch (sd avi or mp4s).. At times it looks blurry. In fast moving scenes you see big square pixelated stuff around the person running, for example.
I use plex to stream stuff when I am not home or to my bedroom using roku. And I never feel life I see the blurriness and pixelation on other tvs or tablets.

If anyone can help I would really really appreciate it..
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GFX card (if you're using your nVidia card, get them from here).

It doesn't sound like you're using an external player, so I would switch to use true fullscreen (i.e. don't use a fullscreen window unless you need to). You can also enable DXVA and enable adjust refresh rate, but disable sync playback to display.

If you're watching on a big screen you might see some artifacts just because you're watching SD content. 720p+ will obviously give best results. If you're still having troubles, check your audio settings (use the sticky to troubleshoot).

You shouldn't need any codec packs with XBMC; they're best avoided and uninstalled if you do have any.

Edit: This will sound stupid, but you did make sure to plug the HDMI lead into the HDMI out from your GFX card, not the inbuilt one, right? (I've done it before.) Also, after you've installed the updated graphics drivers, run WinSAT by going to Start > Right click Computer > Properties > Click on your computer's Windows "rating".
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What video settings are best...0