Linux Segfaults and Bus Errors on Ubuntu + Frodo RC3. Please help
Question 
Hi guys,

I switched from Windows to Ubuntu two days ago. Everything works great (video, audio, performance, etc.), but I get frequent, intermittent crashes in menus. XBMC crashes at least every 30 minutes if it is not busy playing video. The error is often a segfault and sometimes a "bus error". I am at my wits' end and would really appreciate advice Confused.

1. Crash & Debug log:
  2. Distro: Ubuntu 12.10 3.5.0-22-generic
  3. Architecture: x86_64
  4. Installation Method
  5. XBMC version: XBMC 12.0-RC3 Git:0ab56a7
  6. Hardware: Zotac ZBOX AD12 ATI HD7340, 8GB RAM
  7. Reproduction Steps
    It happens intermittently, but I just start streaming radio and wait 5-15 minutes to reproduce the error. XBMC may be scanning and getting artwork in the background.

Ideas and things tried so far:
  • I installed the latest Catalyst drivers (rev13.1 / v9.1.11), but it did not fix the problem.
  • I played around with lots of system settings, but it did not help.
  • GPU temperature gets up to 75°C which should still be okay. I did not monitor it in Windows.
  • When X starts, it shows this warning:
    Code:
    Loading extension GLX
    (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:1:1) found
  • These two lines show in my syslog with every crash. I am not sure if it is a cause or result of the problem... The first line is logged slightly before the XBMC crash logs and the second line after the log.
    Code:
    Jan 19 20:46:37 kernel: [  483.514057] [fglrx] ATIF platform detected with notification ID: 0x81
    Jan 19 20:48:04 kernel: [  569.585486] uvesafb: mode switch failed (eax=0x34f, err=0). Trying again with default timings.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to try or need more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Segfaults and Bus Errors on Ubuntu + Frodo RC3. Please help0