No audio for first few seconds of video (Frodo RC3)
Hi,

I just updated to RC3 on a fresh install of Windows 7 32bit and I have an issue where there is no sound for the first 2 or 3 seconds of any video I play, then the audio plays perfectly. Might not seem like a big deal but it's very annoying, especially if I miss dialogue at the start.

I am using a Acer Revo over HDMI. There was a similar issue with XBMC 11 where the audio would "sleep" until I pressed buttons on the remote control for a few seconds but the sound would play right from the start of a video.

I have set HDMI to DirectSound with 5.1 and no options for AC3, TrueHD etc selected as it doesn't support it.

Any help would be appreciated.
If possible, you should use always WASAPI instead of DirectShow. In addition you might configure a delay before the video starts, e.g. delay while changing the frequency.
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
(2013-01-20, 02:55)shaneob86 Wrote: Hi,

I just updated to RC3 on a fresh install of Windows 7 32bit and I have an issue where there is no sound for the first 2 or 3 seconds of any video I play, then the audio plays perfectly. Might not seem like a big deal but it's very annoying, especially if I miss dialogue at the start.

I am using a Acer Revo over HDMI. There was a similar issue with XBMC 11 where the audio would "sleep" until I pressed buttons on the remote control for a few seconds but the sound would play right from the start of a video.

I have set HDMI to DirectSound with 5.1 and no options for AC3, TrueHD etc selected as it doesn't support it.

Any help would be appreciated.
See the wiki page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine

You probably need the advanced setting streamsilence set to 1 which prevents audio going to sleep, so your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <audio>
     <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
   </audio>
</advancedsettings>
Thank you very much for the suggestions. These seem like they will fix my issue. For the moment I have reverted back to Eden, but when Frodo final is released I will try this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio for first few seconds of video (Frodo RC3)0