• 33(current)
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
I had to reinstall XBMC (so version 13.2, ATV2) and can't get this plugin installed.

The repo has Irish TV marked as incompatible and when I try to do it via the zip file I get a "dependencies not met" error message.

It was working before the reinstall.

Any ideas please?
Is this going to be updated to include UTV Ireland?
Hi,

Been trying to get this working on Kodi 14 on a Fire TV box, with an Aertv account:

23:15:45 T:1647400016 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
23:15:45 T:1647400016 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:15:45 T:1647400016 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named simplejson
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.irishtv/default.py", line 60, in <module>
import providerfactory
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.irishtv/providerfactory.py", line 9, in <module>
from aertv import AerTVProvider
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.irishtv/aertv.py", line 9, in <module>
import simplejson as _json
ImportError: No module named simplejson
-->End of Python script error report<--
23:15:45 T:1459283064 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.irishtv/
23:15:45 T:1459283064 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.irishtv/) failed
23:15:45 T:1647484896 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
I also tried this in v14 Helix and it doesn't even launch properly so perhaps something in Helix has thrown off the initial launch script.
Just installed fresh (Kodi 14) on a different platform (Mac Mini Yosemite) and same issue.
Would this add on need a different librtmp?

I have hundreds of add-ons/streams working on current version, not sure why Irishtv keeps failling.
I just tested this as I have been having problems on 2 systems, and here are my results. The numbers are versions of the addon. In fact one system will not update to the 1.0.6 just gives an update failed unless i use the file from "Packages" in the other system

1.0.5 Loads RTE News , not RTE1 nor RTE2

1.0.6 Script fail at load

I think the problem lies with the version 1.0.6
I have an Android M8 box and was originally trying to use XBMC to stream RTE and the quality wasn't great and the RTE player in XBMC never worked. There was no RTE Player in the Google Play Store but I downloaded Aptoide which is like another version of the Play Store where I was able to download RTE Player and UTV Player.

For live TV I would recommend downloading Mobdro on Aptoide, it has all of the sky channels nearly and the quality is very impressive
Heart 
Hi,

Here is an updated addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2awxgfrplur12c...d.zip?dl=0

this solves the dependency not met during installation problem in Kodi 14.
(2015-02-16, 22:57)czesiekbis Wrote: Hi,

Here's the latest version with UTV working.
RTE alas is not working.
Code:
http://mossy-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/git/release/plugin.video.irishtv/
(2015-02-17, 15:32)lusephur Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 22:57)czesiekbis Wrote: Hi,

Here's the latest version with UTV working.
RTE alas is not working.
Code:
http://mossy-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/git/release/plugin.video.irishtv/

Hey, do you know how often the addons get updated. I would love this addon with a working RTE.
I'd also love to see a working version of this. Don't know if Mossy or anyone else would like to have a stab at updating this, I'm sure everyone would be forever grateful.
It hasn't been updated in over a year.
RTE will never work, it's new layout from what I can gather contains DRM in the stream. (You'll notice that the rte player was also removed from the playstation 3 menu a number of updates ago too.) But UTV catch up works as does TG4
Have been reading this thread - and was wondering if there is any possibility for an update to get support back for RTE content...

For what it's worth - I am using a plugin on an Enigma2 box, and it is still capable of streaming RTE content - though slightly impaired.... its only problem at the moment is that it fails on navigation into any sub-groups, either by date, by category, alphabet, etc - always returning an empty list. However, it plays the root level entries grouped under 'latest episodes' without any trouble....

The plugin is all Python based and possibly offers a good starting point for an update to the Kodi plugin. Sorry, am not competent in Python at all so will refrain from trying to assess how easy that might be Smile

cheers
FT
RTÉ player is fine for me.

I also can view RTÉ player streams in 720p!
The new RTÉ player has streams available in f4m format. What we need is a feed from the RTE player website with all of the shows to extract the f4m link and use the f4m proxy service to use those links - like the one that was used in the MX RTÉ Player.
You can use URL snooper to see the f4m links.
It would be great if this Addon worked better, It is a shame really.

On Live TV I have Video on RTE 1 up to 270p with audio only after that, the rest of the RTE's are Audio only.
3e, TV3, TG4 all working, along with catchup, so the only issue is the RTE's Live Is this just down to RTE always having to do things diferently.

Any hopeHuhHuh
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.17