Path substitution - Create files, cant read or overwrite them after
So i have been working on this project all weekend. As you can see from my signature all of my machines are running the same version of FRODO to help avoid having some strange conflicts.

The machine in question is my mac mini which i set up to do all the heavy lifting due to its configuration. The problem that im having is a weird one, if i point the machine back to itself using an AFP share to the folder in question and that folder is blank, XBMC will create the Thumbnails folder and its blank structure. Then i have to remove the movie source and rebuild the DB so that it can begin populating the images. After that, it seems as if the same machine that created the images, can no longer write to that location (local on the machine) and i dont get any images in XBMC that should be coming from that location.

Here is my substitution line in my advancedsettings.config file:
<pathsubstitution> -<substitute> <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from> <to>afp://192.168.1.25/ROOT/XBMC_IMG/Thumbnails/</to> </substitute> </pathsubstitution>

So i have a fully populated image folder yet i see no images in XBMC for my movie data. Whats up with that?

XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

So i moved the Thumbs DIR to my synology and it worked perfectly so its def something with the Mac. Does anyone know how to get this to work over afp/smb/nfs?

I really wanted to be able to centralize this all onto my fast SSD to ensure nice speed across the network with more than once device hitting it.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

You should get rid of the pathsubstitution. Since frodo the thumbs are cached locally which gives the greatest speed you can get ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I wonder if my crappy USB sticks will be ok in handling that workload. I figured images on my SSD would be quicker than local since they are using USB sticks and the ATV isnt that quick either.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo

well if you wanna keep it - no debug log (wiki) no soup...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, ill post up a log file later on tonight.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Path substitution - Create files, cant read or overwrite them after0