Connection to Android Remote
Hi All
I am new to xbmc and having trouble setting up the android remote.
Xbmc seems to be working ok using the keyboard and I have checked the settings for the network.
I have viewed the various help guides and tutorials that I have found and believe all the settings are correct.

I have put in the ip address of the pc the xbmc is open on 192.168.0.2 port no 8080 and ticked all the options on the pc program but each time I try to connect I get 'make sure xmbc webserver is enabled and xbmc is running. All these are done!

I am using Windows 7 with Bonjour installed.
I have tried with the firewall turned off but it made no difference.
Any ideas what I need to do to connect?

Also is there a help guide for the different types of settings, it appears the power of xbmc allows lots of different functions.
I have just also tried this... http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later

Quote:Please, first of all, read the FAQ, there are already answers for most of your questions. If you're having general connection problems, open up a browser on your desktop PC and type:

http://192.168.0.100:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcH...o(120;121)

With your IP/port settings of XBMC of course. If that works, use the browser on your Android device for the same URL to make sure it's not a network problem. If you see a version and a date that means XBMC is running and your network is set up correctly. In that case, post your problem to the forum or the Issue Tracker. If you're getting timeouts or other connection errors, please fix them first, since they are not related to the Android app.

I manage to get the version number when inoutting the url from my pc...
11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09
Mar 21 2012

But from the Android browser I get a 'web page not available' error
i hate to ask if your androids wifi is turned on, but.....it used to get my sister when she came over
Thanks for your reply Wes, you are right to ask it is always something too obvious in these situations!
The wi-fi has always been on when trying however I have now resolved the issue.

The pc I was setting it up against was reporting the above ip address. I looked around the router and found that the pc which I always use on wi-fi also had the LAN cable plugged in so that was the ip it was reporting.
That wasn't quite all though because I had tried it before. What I have also found is that I never managed to connect without a password set up and I had read so much with different settings maybe I had the wrong options ticked sometimes when trying. The options that are working for me are...
Allow control of XBMC by http = y
Port 8888
Username XBMC
Password ****
Web Interface = Default
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

All the options are not selected including the announcement through zeroconfig

Now where to start on setting it up for 3G?
Is there a Bluetooth option?
What about if my phone is the wi-fi hotspot, can it still be used?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection to Android Remote0