Live TV stutters
Hi,

My live tv has a stutter issue. It will stutter video for some time and then speed up the playback. This goes back and forth between the two. Stutter fast stutter fast, etc.

My system is
Windows 8 x64 Pro
Frodo
Dual Hauppauge 2250 cards

Jeff
Wifi or wired?

Martin
Neither. The cards are local. ATSC OTA digital.

Jeff
Sorry I forgot the obvious. Is it only live tv and recordings play fine?

Martin
It's both. I see a momentary flash on the screen in the upper right that shows something about buffering. That happens when it transitions from stutter (slow) into fast. So maybe I have something setup wrong but don't know where to look and whether its NextPVR or XBMC.

Jeff
If recordings break it could be the ts file itself. How does it play using NextPVR or another good ts player like mpc-hc?

Martin
(2013-01-22, 03:55)jeffj9930 Wrote: Hi,

My live tv has a stutter issue. It will stutter video for some time and then speed up the playback. This goes back and forth between the two. Stutter fast stutter fast, etc.

My system is
Windows 8 x64 Pro
Frodo
Dual Hauppauge 2250 cards

Jeff

Need more info on your "system" bro.
I was having similar problems with live tv but after patching the nshared.dll and enabling time shifting in the npvr add on the problem went away. See this thread over at npvr for the dll http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post443771
I also have a similar problem and my problem is caused by my TV not passing through 5.1 audio correctly to my amp, so when playing .ts streams (Live TV) and files it was slowing down, speeding up etc..
I disabled all the decoder types in the audio settings and I found that having Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver enabled was causing my issue.

My problem is being caused by windows detecting only 2.0 from my TV regardless if my TV has HDMI pass-through enabled or not and I believe this is conflicting in xbmc when I try to enable the features that my amp can handle. I have seen quite a few people with this issue and with windows it's not a task that can be easily fixed so I'm looking at splitting the audio for tv & for 5.1 using spdif.

Mclarenmp4,

You're right! It was the AC3 being enabled. I now get some channels smooth and with audio.

I still have some issue with LiveTV on some channels. There's a small amount of stutter. Not like before where it was impossible to watch. The RECORDINGS of these stations have NO stutter. So I need to work on it a bit more but thank you for your help, it was driving me nuts.

Jeff

My system in more detail is:

Asus P8Z77- deluxe
8 GB RAM
WD 3TB Green Drive
OS drive is SSD
No Video card but built-in Intel 4000
HDMI I/O

(2013-02-10, 17:36)jeffj9930 Wrote: Mclarenmp4,

You're right! It was the AC3 being enabled. I now get some channels smooth and with audio.

I still have some issue with LiveTV on some channels. There's a small amount of stutter. Not like before where it was impossible to watch. The RECORDINGS of these stations have NO stutter. So I need to work on it a bit more but thank you for your help, it was driving me nuts.

Jeff

No problem Jeff, glad I could help.

I am also having issues with certain channels buffering etc & that problem is caused by poor alignment of my satellite.
If I watch the same channel on nPvr it's watchable as it doesn't pause, buffer, pause, buffer but I do get digital artifacting caused by the poor signal.
I raised this in the nPvr forum and it was explained that the nPvr guys had spent a lot of time getting .ts playback as good as they could & that essentially XBMC is not the best .ts player available. You can find lots of people discussing this in other XBMC threads & why some people use an external player when using .ts streams. Unfortunately I have been unable to get an external player working for playing back live tv.

Have you tried watching the channels you're having the problems with in nPvr to see if it's a signal problem?
I knew it was a signal issue on mine as I had the same problems watching certain channels on my digibox prior to moving to an HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV stutters0