Sound problem with mac mini
I have a mac mini running Frodo RC3 hooked up to my tv with an hdmi cord. The sound will be working fine in xbmc until I have from one hdmi input to another (like an xbox 360 or blu ray player). When I switch back to xbmc on the mac mini, the sound is only coming out of the mac mini one small speaker. I have to go into the audio settings and change it from hdmi to analog and back again for the sound to come back through the tv speakers. Any thoughts?
Looks like the infamous HDMI handshake issue Apple has with many HDMI devices. Basically OSX loses (part of) the connection with the HDMI port its assigned to.
I have the same problem with my receiver it hooks up all the connected devices then hdmi to the TV. However when i change to another hdmi port, i cant switch back and it looses the connection with my mac mini. My solution was to directly connect to my TV which doesnt have the same issue as the receiver.
To my knowlegde there is no proper solution yet, i am waiting for OSX 10.8.3 to resolve something....but the problem has been there for a long time.

However, you could go in to settings and check the sound output setting after it occurs ? Does it have your TV selected at output ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Yes it does. It seems that after I messed around a little bit that only the navigation sounds are messed up. When I actually go into a movie, the sound works fine from then on out. Don't get it but, it works for movies which is the main thing.
Partially sounds like this thread in a way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound problem with mac mini1