Remove the shutdown dialog?
Hi,

Im running XBMC Eden with Aeon NOX and every time I hit the shutdown in main menu I will get a "Are you sure you want to shutdown" question.

This is a real problem when setting computer in sleepmode becouse if I hit enter when turning it on again the Yes button may be pressed in this dialog and XBMC will set the computer in sleepmode as soon as it have waiken.

I dont really see the point of this dialog.
Reminds me of that "Doctor, my arm hurts when I do this" line...

Shutdown is useful if you don't have something else to exit to. If you don't actually want it to shutdown when you hit shutdown I believe there's a system setting option that allows you to set a different option.
i don´t understand... is the dialog still open when returning from standby?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Sounds like he presses the Shutdown button and walks away without responding to the message and later the computer falls asleep on its own due to the shutdown timer setting. Later, when he presses some keys to wake up the computer, one of the key presses is picked up as a positive response to the still open dialog and the system dutifully goes to sleep again.
ok i see.
if someone wants to get rid of it:
main menu customizer --> choose type --> custom --> "Shutdown()"
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Its strange but when I tested it I did this :

1. Go to main menu in XBMC
  2. Hit the shutdown
  3. Dialog appeares and I choose YES
  4. Computer goes in to sleep
  5. I hit enter on the keyboard and the computer startup, XBMC is shown and I can see that the dialog is still there but the yes button is active and are triggered automaticly, probably by my enter.

I only tried this once so its possible there was some missfire.

Anyway, what I need is that the dialog that asks me if I really want to exit is completely removed, its just a unnecessary question for me and a extra unnecessary action. Its like having push a powerbutton twice to shut it down, not even Windows(7 and 8) works that way? To me a question like this is only valid if there is data that could be lost.
(2013-01-23, 04:19)phil65 Wrote: ok i see.

Nice, I will try this.
(2013-01-23, 09:22)snowjim Wrote: Its strange but when I tested it I did this :

2. Hit the shutdown
  5. I hit enter on the keyboard and the computer startup, XBMC is shown and I can see that the dialog is still there but the yes button is active and are triggered automaticly, probably by my enter.

Its like having push a powerbutton twice to shut it down, not even Windows(7 and 8) works that way?
you will never find a windows version where you can shutdown with one single click.
(2013-01-23, 09:22)snowjim Wrote: Its strange but when I tested it I did this :

2. Hit the shutdown

Probably a misfire, cause codewise it shouldnt be possible. The dialog closes first and then the shutdown action is triggered.

EDIT: hehe I correct myself. There's probably a bug here where the previous action gets interrupted by the shutdown call. Will make the dialog force close, that should solve it.
(2013-01-23, 04:19)phil65 Wrote: ok i see.

I was in the settings for the Aeon NOX skin but could not find this anywhere? I also checked system and there is s shutdown option but it only tells what to do when hitting the shutdown(in my case sleep).

Where do I remove the dialog that asks me if I really want to exit?
What you want to do is to hide the default SHUTDOWN menu option and create a custom menu option that performs shutdown without the confirmation.
  1. SYSTEM > Skin (assuming you are running Eden)
  2. Customizers > Main menu customizer (backgrounds, widgets)
  3. Locate the SHUTDOWN option on the main menu and note its location on the menu bar in relation to the items on its left and right
  4. Click SHUTDOWN and then select the option to Disable it. This removes the SHUTDOWN option from the main menu.
  5. Select a CUSTOM item (e.g., CUSTOM1) and choose type as "Pre-Defined Function" and then choose "Shutdown" from the list
  6. Leave the default label as "Shutdown" or change it to some other name, if desired
  7. Select "Choose Position" and move the arrow down the list until you get to the relative menu position noted earlier for the default SHUTDOWN option (that you'd disabled). This effectively replaces the default SHUTDOWN option with your custom one.
  8. Exit the customizer function and return to the main menu
  9. Select SHUTDOWN (or whatever name you assigned this custom function) and XBMC will perform the shutdown function (sleep/suspend, in your case) without the confirmation prompt
(2013-01-23, 23:20)artrafael Wrote: What you want to do is to hide the default SHUTDOWN menu option and create a custom menu option that performs shutdown without the confirmation.
  1. SYSTEM > Skin (assuming you are running Eden)
  2. Customizers > Main menu customizer (backgrounds, widgets)
  3. Locate the SHUTDOWN option on the main menu and note its location on the menu bar in relation to the items on its left and right
  4. Click SHUTDOWN and then select the option to Disable it.
  5. Select a CUSTOM item (e.g., CUSTOM1) and choose type as "Pre-Defined Function" and then choose "Shutdown" from the list
  6. Leave the default label as "Shutdown" or change it to some other name, if desired
  7. Select "Choose Position" and move the arrow down the list until you get to the relative menu position noted earlier for the default SHUTDOWN option (that you'd disabled)
  8. Exit the customizer function and return to the main menu
  9. Select SHUTDOWN (or whatever name you assigned this custom function) and XBMC will perform the shutdown function (sleep/suspend, in your case) without the confirmation prompt
no need to use a seperate custom item, you can also just overwrite the existing shutdown item (customizer -->click on shutdown -->choose type).
(2013-01-23, 23:22)phil65 Wrote: no need to use a seperate custom item, you can also just overwrite the existing shutdown item (customizer -->click on shutdown -->choose type).

Oh, cool! Didn't know you can do that... much simpler.

Hmm... don't see any option to change type or function in customizer for the default SHUTDOWN menu option. Only see selectable options to set/change: label, widgets, background, custom color, custom favourite, and icon. This is for Aeon Nox 3.6.2.
(2013-01-24, 00:00)artrafael Wrote: Hmm... don't see any option to change type or function in customizer for the default SHUTDOWN menu option. Only see selectable options to set/change: label, widgets, background, custom color, custom favourite, and icon. This is for Aeon Nox 3.6.2.

right, what I said applies to 4.0.
@phil65
Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification.

@snowjim
So, depending on your Aeon Nox version, two different ways of changing the shutdown behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove the shutdown dialog?0