PVR Recordings filename
Hi all,
first I really don't know if the question I'm about to ask is XBMC related, Backend related (DVBLink) or XMLTV related, but here it goes, I try here first.

For TV shows I record (set timer for in the PVR) they get a filename something like this (I'm at work and can't remember exacktly)
[Showname as in the EPG]-[StartTime]-[EndTime]-[Date].ts

Is it possible to have the following filename scheme (where applicable)?
[Showname]-S[SeasonNumber]E[EpisodeNumber]-[Additional info if needed].ts

It would make life a lot more simpler when using TheRenamer instead of looking up the Episode titel and match correct with thetvdb.com and manually rename the file, convert it and move it to the specific tv show folder
It's something that backend controls.
Season and Episode information is usually not available in the EPG information that the backends have, which is why it's not used in the filenames.
I've also found out that the information is controlled by the backend.
Been asking on the dvblink forum but not got an answer from the support yet.
However I found a program I was using a couple of years ago called MCEBuddy which is able to use the information (metadata) stored in the recorded show (probably from the epg info). It can converts move, comskip, and rename the file on the fly. Will test it later on to see how it works
In NextPVR you can configure it to use the ImageGrabLite utility to automatically rename recordings (when the info can be found on the internet) to include season and episode numbers, and download artwork etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Recordings filename0