Win I lost a menue button ( MOVIES ) and don'y know why ?
I am a new user of XBMC and it's brilliant. I am also a novice PC user of some age so don't always know what I'me doing.

I have been messing about with XBMC and learning by trial and error and have been getting along OK with it. Making mistakes and then sussing out what I have done and putting it right.

On the screen I have as follows :
Weather : Pictures :Videos : Music : Programs : System

Yesterday , by chance / luck , something happened .... A new Button appeared. "MOVIES" between "VIDEOS" and "MUSIC" and up above it appeared some movies I have in a folder , they showed up like video/dvd cases with the pictures ( scrapes ? ) already on them. I could just click on them and they played . So I gathered they were shortcuts and somhow they have been "switched on ".
So, I HAD on my screen ....Weather : Pictures :Videos : MOVIES : Music : Programs : System

Anyhow.... Super I thought , love it !

Today I did a bit more messing around and now I have lost that menu button " MOVIES ".

Can anyone tell me how I got it and why I lost it ?

any help is appreciated

Did you look around the house? Or do you have a dog? If yes he probably ate it.

OR it could be you have removed your sources.
It seems you are describing Aeon Nox.
In this skin the Movies button appears only when you add a movie source to your library.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2013-01-24, 03:16)ArieS Wrote: Did you look around the house? Or do you have a dog? If yes he probably ate it.

OR it could be you have removed your sources.
It seems you are describing Aeon Nox.
In this skin the Movies button appears only when you add a movie source to your library.

Wow after frisking the cat ... then the wife ( enjoyed that ) and looking all around the house, I decided to look in 'that' folder that they were in and YES they were still there. Logic dictated that they were still there because I could play them.

Hahahaha anyhow you did give me some useful information.
I am using Confluence ( I think ) but you mention Aeon Nox skin so , as of now I haven't tried any other skins ( as far as I know ) but I will give your suggested skin a go.
(2013-01-24, 08:11)madtvkenpc Wrote: I decided to look in 'that' folder that they were in and YES they were still there. Logic dictated that they were still there because I could play them.

Yes, the physical files are still there, but they no longer are catalogued in your library. That's why you no longer see the MOVIES main menu option. You must have somehow removed your movies from your library with all your "frisking" or "messing around" of your XBMC system. Wink

Quote:I am using Confluence ( I think ) but you mention Aeon Nox skin so , as of now I haven't tried any other skins ( as far as I know ) but I will give your suggested skin a go.

Many, if not most, skins will hide the MOVIES and TV SHOWS main menu options if you don't have movies and TV shows, respectively, in the video library.

You need to go to Videos>Files>Add Videos then browse to your movie folder location, name it something original like...Movies then click ok, you should be prompted for video type and asked to scrape. If you are not, after adding the folder as a source right click on it and choose set/change content, set it as movies you will then be prompted to scan to library, choose yes.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Pleased to report I have it back to how it was. Nothing to do with scraping or having stuff in the folder or adding the movies.

It was 2 setting in "settings" ... " Home Window Options"
The "show recently added video's" was switched OFF and in the Hide Main Menu Buttons section the " Hide Videos " option was switched ON.

Thanks all for you suggestions and taking time to post replies .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I lost a menue button ( MOVIES ) and don'y know why ?0