Remote Control Crash only when scrolling XBMC
hello,

I have just purchased an Asrock D152 3d vision HTPC that comes bundled with a remote control.
I am using windows 8 - 64 bit.

The system appears to be stable and runs everything great. The problem i am having is when i am in XBMC and i use the remote control to scroll through the movies it will Crash the whole system (kind of like windows 95 blue screen of death, but a windows 8 version).
If i use a keyboard to scroll through the movies it works perfect. But when i use the remote it will crash after scroll past several movies.
I am usings the lastest Frodo 12 Rc3.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
James
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC. Scroll through your movies with your remote until it crashes. Restart your system and examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see if there's any indication near the end of the file as to what may have caused the crash. If you want others here to also review your log, please upload its entire contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply.

Considering that keyboard navigation doesn't cause the same problem, it may be that your OS is receiving some input signal from the remote that it really doesn't like. Try pressing the same sequence of buttons (and at the same speed) on your remote that you normally use to scroll through your movies, but do this while XBMC is *not* running. If this also crashes the system, then it's not likely an XBMC-specific problem.
Thank you artrafael for your detailed and well written response.
I am able to successfully use the remote control in the windows 8 environment, such as scrolling through the tiles in the main startup page without any crashing.

I have used the debug log as suggested, but am unable to interpret the code! Below is the code from the xbmc.log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30262

if anyone is able to assist me that would be great

Thanks again
James
That posted log ends with you pressing the left button. Is that where the actual log (xbmc.log) ends or did it get truncated when you uploaded it due to size restriction? If that's the actual end of the log file, is that when your system crashed as well?
That was the full text from the xbmc.log file and yes that's the point where my system crashed.... I have created another log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30502

One interesting point I noticed when I am at the main menu screen, where the titles are SYSTEM, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, PROGRAMS etc, I cannot seem to make it crash when I scroll using the remote..... only when I go into the TV SHOWS or MOVIES menu's.

Thanks
FYI. I have managed to fix the problem. I emailed asrock support and they sent me a windows 8 CIR driver.. THey don't even have Windows 8 drivers up on the website.
http://download.asrock.com/drivers/All/c...003%29.zip
Ah, good to know... so a driver issue for their remote control. Thanks for reporting back so others in the future with the same hardware and problem will find this thread and know what to do.
Yeah, well if they had it on their website in the first place I wouldn't of spend hours trying to fix it... And yes artrafael the link provided should save some headaches in the future!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control Crash only when scrolling XBMC0