Win External Player Active after reinstall of Windows
Ok, this is what's happened.

XBMC (Eden) up and running in portable mode from D:\XBMC, everything work as it should in XBMC.

Felt the need to make a fresh install of Windows, so I wiped C: and installed Windows 7 again, installed all drivers and fix everything outside XBMC.

Start XBMC in portable mode, library is intact, and everythins seems to be like before, I start a movie and my script kicks in and MPC-HC is used, it works...

I close MPC-HC and there is a popup in XBMC I'm pretty shore I've never seen before, "External Player Active" with the text "Click OK when playback has ended" Huh.

So, why does that show now and what should I do to get rid of it?
Solved it after some testing... added a 2 second sleep in my script and now it works.

One thing I noticed is that XBMC loads some info and put the studio name and 00.00 / 00.01 (in Confluence) in the lower left corner and it seems like if MPC-HC starts before that is completed I get the annoying popup and sometimes MPC-HC looses focus and isn't in fullscreen.
If you haven't enable it, you might want to enable "use a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC video output....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
That is enabled, I've tried to toggle that also without luck.

But I can live with this 2 seconds delay as long as I don't get that popup, I just don't get it why the problem occured now when it worked flawless before the reinstall of Windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player Active after reinstall of Windows0