Twitter-like video timeline
I've been using XBMC on my TV for a few weeks, and what's been the most painful is spending so much time checking for new stuffs from Youtube channels and TV networks.

So I can't understand why there's no unified feed reader in XBMC. You'd subscribe to any XBMC folder (TV show season, Youtube channel, anime, other TV network programs, etc) exactly like you add favorites and, like on an RSS reader, you could see how many new episodes/videos have been released since last time you checked.

Or done another way, every new video from feeds you've subscribed to could be gathered in one feed exactly like tweets on Twitter.

I've built an ill-designed prototype in Python but would like to hear your feedback about the two ideas. If you like them, I'll implement them built in XBMC.
You can add res feeds and they appear in the main menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't mean a text reader - I don't use my TV to read scrolling text.

I mean a video feed reader or aggregator. And I suggest to implement it in XBMC, since XBMC already has addons for Youtube, streaming sites, TV networks, iTunes, etc.
XBMC already supports RSS feeds as "directories". Just set the feed as rss://<link to feed>. Assuming it returns XML similar to what we expect it'll work fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That's nice, but the problem is that RSS feeds don't cover everything XBMC addons do.
(theorically, we could replace addons by RSS feeds crafted by servers, but I don't know anyone doing this)

So I suggest the reverse: to turn favorite XBMC folders into feeds, in order to see what's new in a single glance. Or aggregate items from these feeds into one, like on Twitter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Twitter-like video timeline1