Moving all XBMC data off of boot drive
So I have XBMC installed on a second 1TB drive.
The first drive is a 32GB SSD boot drive.

I'm finding that the boot drive (the c: drive) is filling up a little too quickly when I add things to my XBMC configuration.
How do I move everything over to the second drive so I have no fear of adding Meta data, add-ons,..skins,.....and such.

c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\XBMC (currently is at 12GB)
You might consider moving your user's profile.
Read this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/875...ation.html
But be aware that moving your XBMC data from an SSD to an HDD will slow down browsing your database...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2013-01-25, 16:25)Fry7 Wrote: You might consider moving your user's profile.
Read this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/875...ation.html
But be aware that moving your XBMC data from an SSD to an HDD will slow down browsing your database...

Thanks! True,...didn't take into consideration any slowness that may result if the XBMC data is moved off of a SSD.
However.....not sure there is any beter solution if running out of space.
I think I found another where I can run XBMC -p
Seems I could try this solution and find out what impacts data on a HDD would be.

From the wiki:
If you wish, you may run XBMC in portable mode by adding the -p switch to the shortcut used to launch XBMC. This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the XBMC folder. This is useful for running XBMC for Windows off a USB stick for portability. You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the userdata folder you use is not overwritten.

So I suppose I could run xbmc -p
Then copy over all XBMC on c: into the new folder on e: drive (in my case since I installed XBMC on e:
Then start XBMC with -p going forward.
If any slowness is shown,...and if untolerable,..I could copy data back to c: drive and stop using -p switch on startup.

One day,...SSD drives will be so cheap and so large (in TBs),...we'll be laughing that we ever used anything else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving all XBMC data off of boot drive0