Win Shared MySQL Library and excludefromlisting on Single Machine?
Hi Guys,

Have been trying to make some improvements to my home setup and very pleased to have my shared library working via SQL. Quick question though...

I have my media setup how I want it, don't want to move videos, and there aren't exhaustive parental controls. So my laborious solution is the add excludefromscan and excludefromlisting entries in the advanced settings xml file that resides on the HTPC I plan to put in my kids room, with a list of inappropriate content, I'm fine doing this as seemed the best solution and worked on a test standalone setup. But I assume excludefromscan would be a bad idea from a shared library point of view, or not make a difference anyway. Would excludefromlisting allow me to specify files on an individual machine no to show up without affecting the database?

Thank for your help,
Martin
one and only bump, no big issue as I just backup and test but was hoping someone might have some insight, cheers.
It won't work to hide things that have already been scanned into the library.
assumed that would be the difference between excludefromscan and excludefromlisting? If not what is the point of the excludefromlisting?

Cheers,
Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared MySQL Library and excludefromlisting on Single Machine?0