Linux XBMCunbutu on SDcard?
Hi.
I'm wondering if it's possible to run XBMCunbutu on an SD-card, or if i've to go with openelec?
I do want the benefits of complete customization.
I have run it 0n a usb flash drive so as long as you can boot from it, an sd card should work. Slow though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-25, 20:32)nickr Wrote: I have run it 0n a usb flash drive so as long as you can boot from it, an sd card should work. Slow though.

Any problems playing 1080p when running on your usb thumbdrive?
Not that I recall - I put frodo rc3 on a stick to try it without disturbing my harddrive which has other stuff on it. Slow was scraping, I suspect due to writing to database and so on. Playback doesn't require disk access so I don't think it suffered. I might boot it later and check.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm running frodo on a usb 3.0 and it seems zippy. I am a noob though and I'm not allowed to plug into the tv until it's fully configured. I put it on a 8Gb but should have used a 16.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
2 x 500 GB 7200rpm Seagate Hybrid SSD-HDD
Slim DVD drive

(2013-01-25, 23:24)nickr Wrote: Not that I recall - I put frodo rc3 on a stick to try it without disturbing my harddrive which has other stuff on it. Slow was scraping, I suspect due to writing to database and so on. Playback doesn't require disk access so I don't think it suffered. I might boot it later and check.

Would appreciate some feedback if you do deside to try.
My plan is to buy an Zotac Zbox ID41 and running it on 4 GBs of ram & an 16GB SDHC card with read/write on 85/45 Mb/s.
Would like to be 100% sure it can handle everything I desire before I buy anything =)
I had no problems using xbmc on a usb drive except for the speed, or lack of. My advice - if you want to use a usb2 drive use openelec, if xbmcbuntu get yourself a small ssd or use a hard disk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCunbutu on SDcard?0