Universal remote controlling TV/Receiver/XBMC
I'm relatively new to HTPC's and eventghost and still figuring some things out. I bought a sony universal remote (RM-VL600) so I could control multiple devices at once, including XBMC. I figured out the basics of eventghost and am able to use the remote to control XBMC.

My question is this: if I program the remote to the TV or receiver, and press a button on the remote, won't it try to send signals to the TV and eventghost? Like if I set channel up to page up in eventghost, and press that button, won't it change the channel on the TV at the same time? Is there a way to prevent this?
You do see those 8 device buttons on the top don't you?? When you select one of these it changes what the remote output is to control the desired device.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-01-25, 23:19)Dilligaf Wrote: You do see those 8 device buttons on the top don't you?? When you select one of these it changes what the remote output is to control the desired device.

That's what I thought! I think I was just overthinking it. Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal remote controlling TV/Receiver/XBMC0