Help with 5.1 audio setup please
Hello to all,

First off I would like to say that this is a great package. And thank you for keeping it up to date.
Being a noob and first time installer, I may need a bit of help with three issues. I will break them up into three posts to not confuse things by cramming them into one post. Sorry, this may be quite long but I am very detailed the first time posting. The setup details will be placed as a signature in other posts.

My setup is as follows:
XBMCbuntu Frodo
MB: MSI K9NGM3
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV / nForce 630a w/ HDMI/VGA/RGB/S-Video outputs
Audio: Realtek, High Definition Audio
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz Socket 939
Ram: 2 gig Corsair xms2 xtreme, DDR2
Storage: Maxtor 300gig SATA
Media Tuner cards: Avermedia A180-A, ATSC tuner / Tecnisat DVB_DVB-S2 Satellite tuner card.
*Alternate tuner card-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold ATSC/NTSC card, Genpix Electronics Skywalker-CW3K USB Satellite tuner.
Remote control: ATI Remote Wonder Plus, usb, RF controlled not IR
Media Play/Rec device: Standard aftermarket CD/DVD player/recorder.
Stereo Receiver: Onkyo TX SX606
TV: Vizio GV42L FHDTV 10A
aplay -L and aplay -l : http://pastebin.com/YeCmAZJG
lpci and lusb information: http://pastebin.com/j0afctq8
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first issue: Audio

Audio stutter when playing a 5.1 DTS video. The audio clips on and off and after a while affects the video performance.
My audio out is via Coaxial SPDIF and also HDMI to the Onkyo receiver. This setup gives me flexibility for non HDMI audio output devices and software. The TV is connected via HDMI from the receiver for video only. If I select Analog in the audio settings I hear clean audio but the surround information is then stripped out. I did not take note at that time if it was Mono or Stereo when played back in this mode.
Here is my aplay -L and aplay -l in pastebin for further analysis.
http://pastebin.com/YeCmAZJG

If any further information is needed that I have missed please let me know and I will post it ASAP.

Thank You for your help and time.
GEEMc

* This HTPC was once a fully built and supported and went by the name of Captiveworks CW3000HD/CW4000HD. Without warning they stopped support and shut down their help forums. The tuner, Divco (LG tuner with Conexant cx23880-39 chip set) came with the HTPC package and the Genpix satellite usb tuner is still supported, is an aftermarket usb tuner device.
After installing MythTV via the Synaptic Package Manager in XBMCbuntu during the setup of the audio speaker test the 5.1 tested properly, but when using it in XBMC the audio is choppy / stutters.
give us a screenshot of your audio settings and your video settings and a debug log (wiki)

To take a screenshot, press the prtsc button on your keyboard and choose where to save it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr for the reply. The 5.1 seems to be working OK now. The issue cleared itself up after I did an update. One issue down and two to go.
I make the follow up to the other issues in their posts.
Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with 5.1 audio setup please0