Full screen fps changes, then all video lags after a couple of days
Turn on OSD debug and look at memory usage. I bet there is a leak somewhere.
(2014-05-25, 16:37)davilla Wrote: Turn on OSD debug and look at memory usage. I bet there is a leak somewhere.
Memory never goes above ~200MB on an 8GB machine using Aeon Nox. Is this normal?
I had this symptoms on my Win7 machine for years. Tried everything
but never found any real solution.

Switched to OpenELEC, problems gone.

Per
@pjakesson:

Did you have problems with lip sync in addition to fps before switching to OpenELEC?
If so... do you still have lip sync issues or did OpenELEC solve that also?

Thanks
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2014-05-26, 08:34)torcar Wrote: @pjakesson:

Did you have problems with lip sync in addition to fps before switching to OpenELEC?

Thanks

OpenELEC solved it by adding a global 175ms delay by default.
(2013-02-13, 14:27)vexation Wrote: If you're really clutching at straws, it's a long shot but you could try the advice at http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...spx#521405 - there's an issue with Windows and certain combinations of hardware that causes timing problems, it's happened in XBMC and MCE before now (to be honest it normally happens when resuming from sleep tho)

"Start, type cmd, right click, Run as Administrator.
Type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and press enter.
Type bcdedit /enum and press enter.
Verify that useplatformclock is on/true.
Restart the computer then test playback behavior.
"

I think what you're experiencing is a 'bug' that has been around for a few years now but no-ones ever determined whether it's GPU / Windows / XBMC that's at fault.. this subject has popped up in one name or another several times before http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116224

If nothing else seems to fix it, you can always cheese it by creating a scheduled task to kill and restart XBMC at 0300 every morning or something? (I know I'd love to get to the bottom of why this happens too but as it's been around for so long I haven't got particularly high hopes) - if I remember correctly the debug logs have never shown anything valid but if someone really wants to get the attention of the dev's, you're best enabling debug logging until the problem arises and then submit a bug with the log.

I did that and restarted my computer windows 8 and works well now! And on the latest gotham from frodo updated.
(2014-05-26, 08:34)torcar Wrote: @pjakesson:

Thanks

No, no lip sync issues neither in Windows nor OpenELEC, unless when I fiddled
with the settings ("Adjust display refresh rate... I think it was).

regards

Per

(2013-02-13, 14:27)vexation Wrote: "Start, type cmd, right click, Run as Administrator.
Type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and press enter.
Type bcdedit /enum and press enter.
Verify that useplatformclock is on/true.
Restart the computer then test playback behavior."

I tried that one too, with Windows 7 Pro on an Intel NUC, but it didn't solve it for me.

Per
Speaking of audio delay. I used to have that. It seems better now. Maybe one or both, but ever since a while after Audio Engine was introduced and I had also changed to a Sound Blaster fiber optic instead of Realtek, a setting of 50 or even 0 seems legit now.

Version 13.1 beta 2 still has this issue. After a couple of days video playback and the GUI framerate become choppy. I'm trying out version 13.1.
I still have issues with Gotham 13.1,

Tried Nvidia and Radeon Gpu's with various drivers.

It has been a real holy grail for me to suss out what is causing this; still belive it's a windows thing.

Not prepared to drop xbmc because I like too much.

Will keep on rooting and rebooting.

Big Grin
Hi,

Add me to the list of users that have had this bug for the last few years across all versions e.g.. 11, 12 and 13.1 final!

I notice that the bug trac that has been logged has gone no where fast in 5 months.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14869

What can we do to get this one sorted?

I'm happy to provide logs etc, how do we get some action?

Regards.
Same problem. After about 2 days uptime it starts lagging. A restart of XBMC (not the computer) solves it... for another two days.
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Just another user adding that I have had the same issue since I started using XBMC - across v11, 12 and now 13.1. Works fine for ~2 days, then the interface becomes jerky & unresponsive until I restart XBMC.
Add me to the list.

I have the same problem with unstable frame rates and jerky video after 30+ hours. Have to re-boot to fix.

My refresh rate is 50 Hz and frame rate sits rock steady at 25 fps when playing a video, then starts jumping around after about 30hours. Memory usage sits around 20-25% of 8gb

I have all the latest drivers installed on my win 7 machine. That jerky video is frustrating to watch. I have no lip-sync issues.

Any reason the developers aren't participating in this thread? As well as other threads on the same topic that I have searched?
(2014-08-12, 13:51)blossom24 Wrote: Any reason the developers aren't participating in this thread? As well as other threads on the same topic that I have searched?
I'm assuming because they have no idea what's causing it and/or don't care. I was told before that there is only 1 Windows dev on the team. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that this will ever get fixed does it? If people keep posting here and 5 starring it, maybe they will be forced to at least look at it.
just to add something i haven't gone through the entire thread but i did some maintenance Saturday, I installed 13.2 RC release and i also switched off use peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the show desktop button at the end of the task bar, testing now and i have not had to reboot or relaunch xbmc and everything is smooth still, will monitor it over the next few days and to report back

to disable this option right click task bar and go to properties, again not sure if anyone else in this thread has tried it before

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen fps changes, then all video lags after a couple of days2