• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
It's for local Set artwork - it correctly assigns the poster & fanart for each movie Set in the database. So yes, assuming you've got local Set artwork (eg. fanart.jpg, poster.jpg) once you've run this add-on all your MySQL clients should show the changes (ie. correct Set artwork).

If the changes are not showing up then either you're not using local artwork for your Sets, or your clients are somehow misconfigured with regards MySQL. A debug log (wiki) from one of the clients not showing the changes might help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Cheers Milhouse, I'll check to makesure that local Set artwork (eg. fanart.jpg, poster.jpg) is correct
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

No still not showing images must be ok as there showing on mane htpc (server) hope This shows something and thanks
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-08-16, 12:59)wints Wrote: hope This shows something and thanks

Nope, no help at all - you didn't run the Movie Set Artwork Automation add-on so there's nothing to see.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for this add-on, been using it for ages. I recently switched my collections out of a parent folder and moved all my artwork to a single collection folder. I pointed Movie Set Artwork Automater at the new folder and it runs without errors, but no images get cached.

So I looked under art in MySQL and filtered out collections. Thats when I noticed that MSAA was putting an extra / in my db. example:
Code:
smb://user:pass@ip/D3/Media/Artwork/Collections//Jump Street Collection-fanart.jpg
instead of the proper:
Code:
smb://user:pass@ip/D3/Media/Artwork/Collections/Jump Street Collection-fanart.jpg

I am going through the db now to remove the extra / but wonder if there is something causing this that can be fixed?

edit: I'm not too good with code, but the problem appears to be on line 52 of default.py
Code:
return "%s/%s" % (base, name)
Dropping the / fixes the issue for me. No more //
(2015-09-16, 09:48)gardnerd4me Wrote: Thanks for this add-on, been using it for ages. I recently switched my collections out of a parent folder and moved all my artwork to a single collection folder. I pointed Movie Set Artwork Automater at the new folder and it runs without errors, but no images get cached.

So I looked under art in MySQL and filtered out collections. Thats when I noticed that MSAA was putting an extra / in my db. example:
Code:
smb://user:pass@ip/D3/Media/Artwork/Collections//Jump Street Collection-fanart.jpg
instead of the proper:
Code:
smb://user:pass@ip/D3/Media/Artwork/Collections/Jump Street Collection-fanart.jpg

I am going through the db now to remove the extra / but wonder if there is something causing this that can be fixed?

edit: I'm not too good with code, but the problem appears to be on line 52 of default.py
Code:
return "%s/%s" % (base, name)
Dropping the / fixes the issue for me. No more //

Had the same thing happen to me on my Pi2.
Finally edited the settings.xml for this add-on to remove the / from the end of the path
Code:
From
<setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://NAS1/Volume_1/Multimedia/MovieSetArt/" />
to
<setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://NAS1/Volume_1/Multimedia/MovieSetArt" />
And all worked perfectly.

But, would be better if the addon was fixed....
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-09-16, 20:13)vbat99 Wrote: Had the same thing happen to me on my Pi2.
Finally edited the settings.xml for this add-on to remove the / from the end of the path
Code:
From
<setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://NAS1/Volume_1/Multimedia/MovieSetArt/" />
to
<setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://NAS1/Volume_1/Multimedia/MovieSetArt" />
And all worked perfectly.

But, would be better if the addon was fixed....

Glad that worked for you, when I tried it there was no change on next run. That's why I dove into the python script.

Agree, would be nice if add-on was fixed or maybe even merged into Artwork Downloader.
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to say that I really appreciate this addon. It works great on Kodi running on Nexus Player.
Thanks! Big Grin
does this work on 15.2 or 16 beta or not?
Yes it works.
Does not work on kodi 17 (OSMC Kodi 17 test builds for Raspberry Pi) Sad
(2016-01-26, 17:01)wicked666 Wrote: Does not work on kodi 17 (OSMC Kodi 17 test builds for Raspberry Pi) Sad

How doesn't it work? Upload a degbug log (wiki).

Works in OpenELEC/Kodi 17 with Confluence.
Nice add-on, I did as per post #440 to modify default.py and it worked on first try (Kodi 17 - Windows 10). My movies are all in separate folders so I put all the sets artwork in one folder and named/renamed them just like they are on themoviedb with -poster or -fanart at the end.
If I understand this correctly, I still need to download my setart manually and then the add-on will asign it to a movieset?
I hoped it would find the artwork itself too, just like artwork downloader does.
I've run the add-on and it found all my sets, even the ones I created in nfo's, but it downloaded 0 artwork.
Yes, need to have local set artwork.

You could try mediacompanion for windows.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6